Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

My husband and I recently purchased a mini austrlian shepherd from a local breeder and are very excited :)
His name is Axel Rose :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
welcome! we are also in WA State, SW WA actually & also have a mini. Warning--some here go by AKC and call them Mini American Shepherd, other go by MASCA and call them mini austrailian shepherds. Its an ongoing arguement here. I personally don't care, I love my dog. One thing I STRONGLY recommend is you order an MDR1 kit & test your pup so you know what you should & shouldn't be careful of when it comes to medications & vet care. Congrats on your little guy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welp seeing as mine has papers through the ASDR as mini aussie, he's a mini aussie lol.

The breeder said that both his parents were clear for the MDR1 issues, but I also plan on just not ever giving him medication that could test that.

Thanks :) We're starting to get the hang of potty training, though he waits till the last minute to go to the door to tell us he needs out, so if we look away for a second or are finishing up something we end up with an accident :( But hey him going to the door to tell us he needs out, us not getting there in time and then him going on the floor is way different than him just going on the floor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts