Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm Luke! I've spent the last two years preparing financially and mentally for a Siberian! And the last five years still missing and grieving my old Australian Cattle Dog, Dobey, who was a victim to a neighborhood dog serial killer who went around our neighborhood poisoning and killing seven dogs in my community. (He was caught and arrested, but it didn't bring favorite Blue Heeler back... ) I will always love and miss that dog... And never will I ever again keep a dog outside with all of the messed up people in the world.

On a brighter note, I have finally decided to take a plunge and put a deposit on a Husky puppy. I've loved this breed for years and am fully aware of the active lifestyle they live and wish to join one in that. I live in the chilly mountains of North Carolina, so this Husky will be in heaven here. Hopefully she will feel right at home. She will be born around May and I will take her home in mid-late July, hopefully. I'm naming her Leia. If you remember from before my name is Luke... The Star Wars reference is 100% intentional. Anyways, I'm hoping Leia will have a very happy life with me. I'm excited to go on some mountain trails with her as well as the nearby walking trails/parks.

I live alone in a pretty spacious apartment, so I'm hoping she will be okay with just me and her, but if not I'm definitely interested in adopting my next dog from a rescue or shelter so she can have a buddy. I was seconds away from adopting a Pit Bull last week from the local rescue. Alright! Anyways, I ramble a lot. Thanks for reading, and if you have any questions about me, Leia, or anything I'd love to talk! I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions pretty soon here :)

Cheers,

Luke H.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi. How exciting with the prospect of a new puppy coming. I love Husky's. I am sorry about your cattle dog. That is just terrible.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new puppy soon!

Im sorry for the loss of your heeler :( sometime people are just awful.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome!

So sorry about your previous dog...that's just horrible!
I'm sure you will have fun with the new puppy though. :) Congrats!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much! Yea, I was in Petsmart yesterday and there was a blue heeler that looked just like him... Got a little emotional. Definitely ready for Leia to be born. I have read tons of husky books, but if anyone has any tips in particular for the husky breed, or dogs in general that you think the books may not cover, I'd love to hear!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts