Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Ashley, I'm from Sodus, NY. (About 40 miles east of Rochester) I work full time, and have the nick-name of "Zoo-Keeper" in my family. Even though over the years my crew has decreased I still have:
2 cats (Black + CoCoa)
2 dogs (Bear who is spaniel mix of some sorts, never really knew, + Mia who is a Pit-Mastif Mix)
2 rats (Perdita + Dory)
3 goldfish
1 betta

I've always had the caged pets (Hamster and fish) but Blackie was my first pet that was strictly mine, no shared responsibilities. Then CoCoa came along shortly after. Finally decided that I was ready and able to care for a dog, after searching for a while, Bear fell into my lap. His previous owner was a college student who was never home. She said she was turning him into the shelter the day I couldn't let that happen, so I took him in. Bear had some major issues then I first got him. At a year and a half years old, he was not housebroken, knew any basic commands, more less know how to walk on a leash. Along with those, he was food aggressive and was out of control when visitors came over. So the training started. I thought he would never be a "good dog" but after a year or so he was a completely different dog. I moved around a bit. Finally after getting settled into the house I purchased in Sodus (Jan. '09), I made the insane decision to add a second dog to my family. That is where Mia falls into my life. She just joined me 3/1/09. Last night was her first night, and it went well. So hopefully she stays well behaved and everything will be peachy.

That is the story of my life pretty much, and I am looking forward to chatting with everybody on here.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you have your hands full. I hope everything works out with Mia and Bear. Remember, this is the honeymoon period, so stay alert. Any pictures of your furry family?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have the posted up later this evening in the photo threads. And I am definately staying alert. I'm just happy that the initial meeting went well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts