Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: my name is Tamara. I'm 29, and from Saskatchewan, Canada. I have a 3 yr old Doberman/Schnauzer/Sheltie (though you can't see the sheltie) X, named Elli Mae and a 9.5 yr old English Springer Spaniel, named Roxy (who is of my own breeding).
Elli Mae has been taking agility lessons on and off for the past 2.5 yrs and on this past Sunday she got her first Q in jumpers. Roxy is finally at a stage in her life that she's calming down and is able to focus enough that I feel she is able to do some basic agility, so she will be starting classes this fall.
I've had dogs my whole life (since I was 18 months old) starting with an american cocker spaniel and then when he passed when I was 11 I got my first springer, and I've had them ever since, Elli Mae is my first "mutt" and she is the smartest of all the dogs I've had in my life.
Looking forward to "meeting" more dog people.
Cheers,

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
welcome!! I am in Regina, I rarley run across any others from Sask. on forums, always exiteing when I do :p where are you training at? you guys have all the good agility people in Saskatoon, when I competed with my BCs(they are 10 and 12 now, its been a long time lol) all the good trials and seminars were out at Ebony Stables, so we always had to travel lol. congrats on your first Q!

I have not competed in anything in a long time though(all my dogs are old), but I have a pair of muttly pups now and have been training the one up for Rally(first trial in October), the other I dont even try...I will just be happy when she learns that people on bikes does not equal Edable people!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. Haha, that's funny, I am with D & S Dogs of Course, which runs at Ebon Stables, lol.
Elli and I have only done 3 trials (1 last fall and 2 this summer) so I was quite surprised to Q her this early but she was so "on her game" on the weekend, she placed 4th in gamblers, the first time she ever ran it and she didn't even complete her gamble, she got all the way to 6b in snooker before we got timed out and then she got 5 faults and a first place in the first jumpers run of the day and 1st and a Q in the second, I was so amazed and happy with our results. I am secretly hoping to get another Q next month in the Sept 15/16th trial @ Ebon so we can move up to advanced jumpers, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it ;)

Good luck with the pups and bikes, both my dogs have some issues that I am working on, Elli Mae has some dog/small kid issues that she is reactive to, but no longer lashing out as harshly as she use to (lots of work has gone into that dog) and Roxy, well... she seems to think if it moves she has to bark at it, typical chicken s**t springer, but she's finally calming down enough to get her to stop spinning in circles long enough to get to lay down and stay, even if it's only for 30 seconds, lol.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey! I was honestly shocked to see someone from Saskatchewan LOL I'm technically from Saskatchewan (Warmen) too, but we moved to Alberta when I was 5. I still go back as often as possible! I still have a bunch of extended family, and my Godparents in the Province.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the welcoming messages. I was originally born in BC and have lived in BC, NWT, MB and SK, but I have been basically in/around Saskatoon since I was 9, so I call Saskatoon home now.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Another Canadian! Have fun here - people are pretty great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you. I'm still working on trying to figure out all the in's and out's of a forum.. seems facebook is about the only thing I know how to operate, LOL.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wave: We would love to see pics of your two... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts