Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and greetings from Ghana. I am an American in Ghana. I recently... as in yesterday... rescued a puppy who had been snatched from its mother to be sold, most likely for food... They told me the puppy was 3 weeks old which worries me greatly as I know I will have to put extra work in to make sure this puppy is a good member of doggy and human society. Please help me any suggestions or training techniques would be greatly appreciated.
So far he loves children (yay), but mouths excessively, and has already shown a tendency to hump. He is very sweet and has already attached himself to me.
As for me I have owned dogs before but they have all been properly weened from their mothers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much the link was very helpful. I am trying my best luckily he is a very happy puppy who loves people... other dogs on the other hand he is scared of I think he was bitten at some point cause he has several small wounds oh his head, right shoulder, ears, and tail. I have checked them all for infection and cleaned them. I also have been checking him twice a day for ticks, which is how i discovered his wounds. I spent a good 6 hours just removing ticks from him the first day, its no wonder he was so lethargic and slept most of the day. The next day he was MUCH MUCH more active.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts