Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there people. I'm a self-appointed dog enthusiast who is eager to learn about dogs. Since I'm only fourteen, however, I live with my family. My mom hasn't gotten a dog since our English bulldog, Lilly, died of a neck tumor two years ago. But I'm secretly plotting to bug her to get another one. :p
I generally like the larger breeds of dogs. My favorite breeds are Bernese mountain dogs, Siberian huskies, Alaskan malamutes, Akita Inus, and American akitas.
However, since I live in a dry, suburban area, it's difficult to handle a majority of these breeds. I probably want a rough collie, a Bernese mountain dog, a Finnish lapphund, or just the good ol' golden retriever.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi & Welcome to the Dog Forum....

Dogs are great ....they'll be your loyal friend for life if you treat them with love...;)

If you live in a warm climate....make sure you keep your dog in Air Conditioner when it gets really hot....only let him exercise in the early morning or at nighttime --- make sure he has a shaded area where he can rest and lots of water! .....the dogs you listed are all great dogs....I have a Siberian Husky and they are terrific (just don't let them off the leash)

Good Luck on your new Dog & keep us posted!:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!
Where in New mexico are you from? I love New Mexico. I've only been there twice(looong drive) but it is gorgeous!!! We have a family friend that lives out in Albuquerque.
Why yes, I live in Albuquerque. ;D
Beautiful city too.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Welcome! You'll learn tons of great info here, it's a great forum! I am around your age (15) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts