Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am a mother of two Germans Shepherds. Charlie is 11 months and Icesis is 7 months. I love ALLL animals. I also have a house full of reptiles.

I work for a sign company as a designer. I love it.

I am looking into certifying Charlie as a Therapy dog. I am still looking for a job for Icesis. I would like to get into Schutzhund but i have yet to find a club where i live.

I am looking forward to meeting new people and talking dog-talk. :D

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Welcome to DF :D

What kind of reptiles do you have?

I have one Leopard Gecko, one Crested Gecko, one Fire skink, and one Barred Tiger salamander(amphibian haha)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 3 red tail boas, ( 2 1/2 foot, 4 1/2 foot, and 8 foot), 1 aztec snow corn snake ( 4'), 1 ball python ( 3'), 1 baby bearded dragon, 1 adult bearded dragon, 1 baby tegu.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Hello, and welcome!

I, too, am in love with German shepherds, and will have one of my own soon (west German working lines). Schutzhund is a fantastic sport, and exciting to watch. When I'm older, I definitely want to purchase a Schutzhund prospect to compete with.

I live with two red-eared slider turtles.

Looking forward to hearing about your dogs (and reptiles) and seeing some pictures, of course!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I am getting him from a local breeder - Ray Reid (HausReid German shepherds). Ray and his daughter are both certified working dog judges, and he's been breeding for over 35 years. They also own a pet supply store and training facility. You won't believe (no, you probably will) the time it took to finally find a good breeder. Many of them have near tricked me with fancy websites and titles, but I got some sensed knocked into me by a lot of helpful, experienced people on forums. Ray now lives in Salem, Oregon.

I also love the German lines. I actually admire the East German lines the most, but that is based pretty much on appearance. Never met a DDR German shepherd personally. I have also never watched a Schutzhund trial personally, only videos online... have you? I wish I could!

(oh, and just had to add again - gorgeous dogs!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts