Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of Misty a 7 year old Samoyed mix, Tannor a 2 year old Golden Retriever, and Robyn a 6 month old German Shepherd. I also own 5 cats and several fish, so I am a big animal lover:wave: I also love to talk about my dogs, past and present experiences, and brags:whoo:

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hello and welcome! :)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Welcome to DF!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Close enough to LF! there's a fantastic dog parks in Wauconda and Deerfield through the Forest Preserve. I don't know if DuPage county has one but you could go online to check it out. Small yearly fee for using them, but well worth it. The summers are crazy with the number of huskies, samoyed, malmutes, newfiees, etc.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Close enough to LF! there's a fantastic dog parks in Wauconda and Deerfield through the Forest Preserve. I don't know if DuPage county has one but you could go online to check it out. Small yearly fee for using them, but well worth it. The summers are crazy with the number of huskies, samoyed, malmutes, newfiees, etc.
In the past I've gone to a couple of the dog parks. The first smaller one, my 4 month old golden retriever was viciously attacked by a full grown Rott..almost killed him. So I started going to a bigger one and a husky mounted my older lab at the time and did serious damage. I have decided to stay away from the dog parks...they scare me!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your dogs horrible experiences. Those are scary situations. I've noticed that puppies can have a rough time of it, almost like they're fair game. I will be more "on guard" after hearing this!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts