Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am Jason from GA, and have a Corgi/random terrier mix named Haeland that is a little over a year old and have had him since he was a puppy. I joined to see if anyone has a dog like this and possibly give some advice on helping him/ me.
Haeland is a very lazy dog and doesn't seem interested in much. He loves long walks and hikes (not minding over 6+ miles) and just generally likes to be outside, digging holes and chewing sticks. But, other than that, he would much rather just lay around and sleep. He doesn't take to training well because he gets bored, no matter how exciting I make the atmosphere. I have tried puzzles and stuff, but he seems to only like playing "where is the toy" but that doesn't generally last long. He has no toys he is fond of, he barely understands pointing (as in me with my finger/arm/eyes), can't grasp imitation and pretty much just does what he feels like. He is a great dog otherwise, comes when is called, and knows other basic commands, follows me around a lot (other than when being super lazy). I think I covered mostly everything. I just want to stimulate him, teach him some fun tricks and be more active. He has been cleared by a vet that he is perfectly healthy also.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.