Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am from concord ca and just adopted a lab/rot mix from the local shelter. Her name is luna and she is driving me crazy. i just got her this last monday and have been trying to crate train her. I would have the crate in the bedroom with me but i have a cat that is not cool with dogs. I put the crate in the livingroom but when i leave her in the crate at night she starts to houl and whine. I know i should just let her cry and not come out of the room but i sounds like she i dying. How long will a 5 month old pup take to sleep all night in the crate? I have not slept since sunday night. I did put here in the crate during the day when i am home but when i go to the room she crys non stop all night. I mean not even one break thoughout the night NON STOP!!! I put a shirt in there a kong with peanut butter nothing works. Do i just wait it out or am i doing something wrong. any help would be great.

thank you my name is jason barnett

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put her in very slowly. 10 minutes then 20 minutes etc. last night was the first night she did not cry at all. I put her in the kennel at 1:00 am and she did not cry at all. I am so happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts