Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! We adopted a mutt on April 10th that we believe to be a "cockapoo". He is a very lovable dog. Unfortunatly this is his fourth rehoming. He is about 1 year old. He loves my kids alot ( I have a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old boy.) He is somewhat toy possesive, but we are working on that. He is not neutered and his vaccination history is unknown. We have an appointment to have him neutered and vaccinated on the 20th. He marks and has had a couple of accidents, but we are working on that also.He is very clingy and follows me everywhere I go. The only thing that concerns me is his barking. He does not bark at me, but he is very wary of new people, and he growls and barks especially at men. He will also bark at my husband when he comes home even though he has spent alot of time with him. My neighbor saw him and waved me over and Sammy barked and growled up a storm. I do not know to correct this as I never had a dog with trust issues. We had a flat coated retriever and she would have probably licked a robber to death. Or is it a trust issue? Does he just need to adjust? He is very spunky, smart and affectionate. I have no idea why people were would ever get rid of such a cool dog. I am feeding him a homemade diet because he did noy want the canidae dog food I bought. Here are some pics. Cockapoo or what kind of poo?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts