Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just joined here!
Looks very interesting here. I am on another forum specific to my breed - Shar Pei.
So I am not new to forums - just to this one in particular.

My Shar Pei is 13 months old & named Chloe.

I also JUST got a new pup two days ago - a lab/mastiff mix.

Here are some pictures:

Melissa, Chloe, & Rinaldo

Chloe & Rinaldo first meeting

Chloe with her "PeiDar" out lol

Chloe's pretty picture

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh, 5 1/2 weeks is way too young.

Lady I got him from lied to me originally. (But because he is such a big puppy (lab/mastiff I didn't catch it when I got him). But then I contacted her again and said "Are you SURE??"
And that's when she tells me.

He's eating hard food though, and only one accident in the house the past two days, and sleeps all night so he is doing pretty good.

I know a lady down this way who has THREE min pins ... I've never met her dogs- just a family friend but I've heard hers are like parrots LOL.

Must be annoying when people confuse them for Chihuahuas eh?

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
I'm getting used to it and just ignore them now unless they're actually talking to me rather than pointing and gushing to their friends. LOL

Well, you have another dog so that sure will help teach your "little one" puppy manners and such that he should be learning from his mom, thank goodness!!!!

Potty training might be a long chore, though! I'm sure you're looking forward to taking him out in the storm coming in the next 24 hours! Ugh... Mike's home so he's on potty duty for the next couple of days.

Do Shar Peis like the cold? Our sheltie does to the point Liz's feet start to freeze and she wants to stay outside and we have to haul her in... lol... Sure will be nice to have a winter dog again, though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh - Chloe is acting like a good mother and teaching her some manners thats for sure :)

I know, I have been lucky that when I got Rinaldo there is no snow haha oh the joys of potty training in the snow !

A lot of Shar pei are different, my Chloe doesn't like the cold, but there are some who like it. Same as water, their breed in general do not like water but there are always ones who do but usually most don't.

She does like to stay out when she has her sweater on - she's nice and toasty then!
Do you have sweaters for yours?

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
Oh, yes, I have sweaters for the min pins but Zoe hates the cold so just stays in. Liz goes out and we also have booties for her. I'm going to attach a pic. We took her on a walk with Titan to help him learn how to walk on a leash - she had a blast - she misses walking but it's been cold or slimy out so she's not had many walks lately. I couldn't believe she tolerated the booties!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is adorable!!

Humm I'll have to dig out Chloe's sweater pictures LOL.
She doesn't wear it always, just when really cold or snowy out. She has a bit of hair, not much though.

Oh goodness Titan is ADORABLE! It's funny how right now he is the same size as your other two and is only young hehehe

I also have two cats.
One has gotten used to the new pup - the other not so much.

This is Brenda being "beat up" by the new pup LOL!!!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=I6b8-csvG-k&feature=channel_page

·
Registered
291 Posts
hey! yay i'm from Canada too...
me and Maybe are located way up in the frigid north tho...i'm sure it's alot warmer where you are.
Welcome to Dogforums!!

yer puppies are adorable!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
My sister lives out west. They don't call it Winterpeg for nothing!!

Welcome :)
:p...i'm a good 8 hours north of winnipeg yet.......we have had snow since thanksgiving. lol.
I wasn't such a fan of winter untill coming up here..and getting my puppy...now me and her have sooo much fun exploring the woods and playing in the snow together. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts