Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Welcome, 4 weeks is very young! 6 is minimum, and that is almost pushing it. Puppies learn very crucial lessons from their mothers from 6-8 weeks of age. Not to mention in some states it is illegal to give away/sell a pup that is younger than 8 weeks.

Is there any way the pup could stay with it's mother a little longer?

EDIT: Sorry!! nevermind, saw your other post about the mom stopping nursing the pups.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, 4 weeks is really young. Are you bottle feeding the pup with formula? I have 6 "Blue" Pitbull puppies, that are 5 weeks today. I have a Rednose pit named, Cassie. She is 3 years old. My daughter has a female & male blue pit, she lives with us. Honey, the blue female is the one who had the litter. The dad, his name is Blue, is Razor Edge and is very thick, big head. He scares people that don't know him. He is such a cuddly baby. He thinks he is a little lap dog, and tries to sit on our lap. Do you know of any webs or on this one, where to post free ads for the sale of the puppies. Can I put something on here? Good luck with your little puppy. Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
No, you can't post something on here.

Also, there is nothing special or rare about red nose pits, or blue pits, it's just a color if you didn't know that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, My Red nose seems to be like a red head human...Cassie has very sensitive skin and allergies. Ever hear of that. The vet told me to give her Benadryl. It seems to help her itchy skin.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Many pits tend to have allergies. Mine is allergic to pretty much every people food, and is on a low residue food. One piece of any thing other than his kibble and he's farting up a storm.

Natural Balance has good allergy formulas,(that's what mine is on)

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Many pits tend to have allergies. Mine is allergic to pretty much every people food, and is on a low residue food. One piece of any thing other than his kibble and he's farting up a storm.

Natural Balance has good allergy formulas,(that's what mine is on)
Hang on a sec.. Pepper, you got a Pittie? :D :D

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Four weeks was far too young to be taken away from the litter. Even if the mother has refused to feed them they can still learn bite inhibition from each other.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Congrats, I shouldn't have to ask you this because you've been around here so long lol.. but POST PICS when you get a chance!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I can't post, I only have dial up and it's too slow to upload to photobucket, or do anything....lol

I only have my display picture and my signature of him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts