Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My name is Katie and I absolutely LOVE dogs from the common to the rare. We just recently got a puppy in May and his name is Luke and he's a rare breed called a Coton de Tulear. He's cute as can be and I can't wait to show him to you guys and ask questions (boy do I have questions, lol)!

Well I will see all of you later! :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
cotons ROCK! I used to groom one; had the best personality.
i think kept in traditional show coat they look ridiculous but with an angled beard (like a pbgv) #3 on the body and scissored legs they are too cute!
smart as a whip, easy to train and do well with kids... but that hair will knot on you in a second. i hope you are good with a slicker!

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you two! Yes, we're finding out that we need to brush him a lot and my mother does that part as even though he's hypoallergenic (or doesn't shed as much as a Husky) that I still have to take my Allergra. I think we bought a slicker brush, we have two so far and use both.

Totally agree with you HorseandHound! The show type cut for them is so ugly! We may go with what his father looked like or find some picture of a cute Bichon cut and go with that. And yes they are smart, but stubborn! *shakes head and smiles*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts