Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Hello, everyone!

185 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Gigit 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the forums, my name is Stephanie. I'm also new to owning a dog (only had cats before). My boyfriend and I picked up an adorable Catahoula mix from the shelter this Saturday. We named her Winchester (after some characters in one of my favorite shows, Supernatural. Boyfriend likes it because it's like the gun, lol). We think she's just under a year old. She'd been there since August, and was adopted last month but returned 3 days later for 'jumping, nipping, and chewing'. :( Of course she wasn't going to get better in 3 days! She was so sweet when we took her out at the shelter, and was the only one who wanted us to play WITH her. We were sold!

Since getting her home she definitely does like to jump on you and the nipping is touch and go (I think she's just getting over stimulated and excitable and trying to test the waters). We've been supplying many chew toys and watching her like a hawk when out of the crate, but she's not super interested in all of our stuff. She just got spayed yesterday, so her energy level is low and so we're hoping this helps us break her of the jumping and realize that when she's calm she'll get more attention. She was crazy pulling on the leash at first and it's settled a bit, but we're still trying to show her who is boss on the walk (I don't want her choking herself to death but I also don't want to be dragged for the rest of her life).

I'm looking forward to getting some tips and info from the forum! All the cute dog pictures are definitely a plus as well.

See less See more
#5 ·
:wave: Here are some pictures! I haven't been able to get any really good ones yet...she doesn't sit still long enough! Also need to get my camera out and stop trying to use my phone's camera to catch her movement. These are from the first day we got her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.