Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone

i have 2 dogs i rescued one from feild when she was around 3 months old hardly any fur and bad skin she is the black one on the pics she is now 1 year 7months the other one his owner abandoned him with no food water or shelter

i have been told alot of things for the breeds of theses dogs the balck one looks like dutch shepherd and the boy looks like husky or similar breed please could someone help me also when these pictures of the white one was taken had shaved off alot of his fur as he had very bad fleas,ticks all the dried blood from the fleas had matted his fur and could not be brushed and bad skin and some of his hair had been falling out

i just want to know but i am not bothered even if they are cross it just nice to know thank you
BELINDA

BOLT

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
The black dog sure looks shepherd-y to me. Whether it's a Dutch Shepherd or not, I can't tell from these photos. The white dog may have shepherd in him too. All in all, I can't tell. Do you have pictures of the dogs standing? A picture from the side? I don't see much husky in the white dog, but again, I can't tell clearly. It's likely they're mixes too, and depending on their age they may have some maturing left to do.

Here's a shorthair Dutch Shepherd silhouet, from the Dutch breed club website. I'm not sure your dog fits the appearance, but I'm sure you'll be able to judge better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

thank you for your reply my girl(belinda the black one)she is now around 1 year 7 months and bolt (white one)he is older i would say maybe 5 or 6 and to be honest everytime i try to take photos they sit down and pose lol
this is the only one i have where bolt is standing and he is still on the move lol

this is the best i have for belinda and another shot of her face

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Belinda- those ears! So cute!- looks like kind of shepherd and bolt looks like a lab in the body and somewhat in the muzzle. They're beautiful dogs either way.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My guess for Belinda is LabxShepherd and for Bolt, I also see Shepherd and something else...not sure what though. They are both very cute!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I am not sure about the black dog ... maybe some type of sight breed/Shepherd ...but Bolt's face resembles a white Shepherd I had years ago ... but his body reminds me of another breed?

Still ... they are cuties no matter what they are. :)

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Where do you live? Even without knowing, I'm still going to guess they're street dogs (so mixed you can't identify any breed). They have the pariah look to them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Belinda- those ears! So cute!- looks like kind of shepherd and bolt looks like a lab in the body and somewhat in the muzzle. They're beautiful dogs either way.
whatever they really are i love them all the same and feel very blessed to have been sent these 2 angels

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
hi we live in spain

thank you very much yes they are really cute lol i love them both watever
By the way, it's awesome you rescued. You got the dogs from a 'perrera'? (don't know if it's spelled correctly)
I'm familiar with several organizations who rescue dogs in Spain and I've heard horror stories about them...

·
Registered
943 Posts
They both look like shepherds to me as well, just the different kinds. I've seen pure black shepherds, and a pure white shepherds (can't remember the actual breed off by hand.. alcacian or something?) The black one looks more shepherdy to me as well, and I'd say the white one could possibly be a white shepherd/lab mix or perhaps husky. They're beautiful!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts