Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two dogs already, both Chow/German Shepherd mix, Boo and Wilson. Along with them I have a cat, Makayla, and a ferret, Oreo. I have a new addition to the family, a small dog I rescued from the side of the road. She is very scared but seems to be warming up to all of us, although her tail is between her legs most of the time and she cowers down alot, afraid. Not sure if she was mistreated or just scared from being on the run for awhile. She had a buddy she was traveling with, could have been her sister, only she had short hair. Couldn't coax the other one to safety and she ran off after an hour of trying to rescue her as well. I've been back around the same area and even further to try and find her but no luck. I feel real bad that this little dog I have is missing her buddy. I'm in Michigan and the nights have been around freezing lately and I just couldn't bear the thought of them staying out in the cold. I stopped by a house close by and they told me the pair had been hanging around for a few days and they couldn't catch em either. He though they were dropped off. We live away from town with farms and dirt roads so it's a definate possibility. I'd really like to know what kind of dog this is and what I can do to tell how old she is. That's why I joined. I know I'll find out when I take her to the vet but that won't be for a couple weeks and I'm curious. Maybe some of you can give me advice on rescue dogs. I've never done this before with a dog, only ferrets. How is she gonna make it if I can't find her buddy? Anyways, Hello again to all of you. This seems like a great site!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Wow! The pictures are pretty tiny. My old eyes think they are seeing some kind of a Jack Russell mix. Maybe Spaniel mixed in? Looks pretty cute. Did you let the shelter know you found her? Maybe take a picture of her to the vets and shelter in the area just on the outside chance someone is actually looking for her.

Welcome to the forum too! :) Also, Bless you for saving this poor cold pup. I hope you can find her friend too or someone can and help that dog as well.

·
Registered
509 Posts
She looks a little like a Wire Haired Airedale Terrier --- she is probably scared to death --- but all you have to do is show her alot of love and re-assurance with a soft voice -- and she'll come around... as far as missing her buddy, hopefully your other pets will make it a little easier for her to cope.

Are you able to keep the dog for good?....I hope things work out for you & you are so nice to take her in ....this world needs more people like you!:)

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Looks like a wire haired Jack Russell Terrier to me.

I'd keep checking back with the people you spoke to and see if the other dog shows up there again.

Thank you for bringing the pup in from the cold and I hope you find her buddy.

Inga is right, you should check around to see if someone is looking for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts