Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo, my name is Amarina. I'm an aspiring dog breeder and will hopefully be able to become one in three years when I move out of Washington. I have a Boxer/Beagle/Pitbull/GSD mix who is 8 months old at the time of me posting this thread and 4 year old mini dachshund . My favorite breeds of dog are the Alaskan Malamute, Great Pyrenees, Newfoundland and Bullmastiff. When I move away from Washington, I will be living in Montana with my family so that we can run our dog breeding. We haven't decided which dogs to breed yet but I'm trying to convince them that Alaskan Malamutes are a good idea haha. I'm open to conversations and friends as long as you are a respectable and nice person. I look forward to interacting with other people interested in the dog community :D

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Welcome to DF.. :) as far as picking a breed, would be great that you pick a breed that you enjoy working them so you can prove them while having a good time. In three years you could spend your time going to see other peoples dogs in that breed . To build your breeding program you will need to be confident of where you get your dogs from. Wish you the best of luck... I spent 8 years as an apprentice in my mentors breeding kennels.. She was good at what she did because she was active in her own dogs to be out there traveling and seeing the dogs first hand that would later on be on the pedigrees that she bred into .. Me I enjoy'd working her dogs it never got old for me day in and day out.. breeding wasn't my thing.. but i learned much respect for why she was good at the choices she made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts