Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ken and I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I found this site googling dog forums and have been looking around for a bit.
I have been wanting another dog for awhile now and this one kinda fell into my lap last week. It's been an interesting week to say the least.
This is my 2nd dog in my life. The first (a stray) lived to be 17 years old and died 10 years ago.
My dog is Blackie who is, from what I am told, a mix between a hound and ??? The poor guy has had 3 owner's in his short life (he's about a year old). He loves long walks, to play tug of war and fetch with a tennis ball. He barks a lot more than my first dog who only barked to come inside. He's in new surroundings so he barks at a lot of noises the house makes. I hope this barking will come to pass with getting used to the new house.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome! I'm new too! I would love to see pictures of Blackie. Good luck with the barking! In my experience, I've learned that hounds bark a lot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Photos will come probably this weekend when I get some time.
I had a busy day with work and night class. I had time to take him out between for a bit. Not long enough for him to poop. He needs to walk quite a bit before squatting. I feed him and off to school. I worried he didn't poop, but he didn't last week when I went to school and all was fine. Well....I came home to a MASSIVE amount of diarrhea on the floor. I need to search on causes and remedies. Hopefully is was just a thing today and not going to happen overnight or tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts