Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Texas and it's very hot here...its usually around 90-100 degrees and 2 weeks ago, my 5 yr old pomeranian was acting strange. It's a little hard to describe but i'll try my best. Her ears went down and her eyes were focused on something, so i took my hand and moved my hand left to right in front of her eyes and she didnt respond to my hands, she just kept looking like she was focused on something. It appeared like she was blind or something. And the expression on her face looked like she was really scared. Then i noticed her legs started getting wobbly and she lost balance and i saw that it was difficult for her to move. she just sat there and she started shaking a lot. I panicked and i told my uncle and my uncle told me to put her in the house and in the cage. So after about 30 seconds when i put her in the cage she turned normal again and she started wining. I gave her lots of water and she was okay. Then yesterday i heard from my uncle it happened again...im wondering what this is? My cousin and my uncle said it is a heat stroke or seizure...we're not really sure thats why im asking. We're gonna take her to a vet tommorow...im really worried i hope she will be okay.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Good that you are taking her to the vet. Could be a siezure. Small dogs are also likely to get low blood sugar and have that affect them if they haven't eaten recently.

With heat stroke they will be HOT, with a dry hot nose. Their body temp will be high. They will also be breathing fast and have a fast weak pulse. All dog owners should know how to take a dog's temp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts