Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It must really suck to be a puppy born in winter not used to warmer temperatures. DX One of the puppies, I'm not sure which (though I can hazard a guess and say Taz) has had diarreah ever since the weather here in Fresno has warmed up. I went to take them out to go potty and found diarreah in the back of the enclosed porch. I'm not unfamiliar with heat exhaustion since Kodi has had it once before. So I did what I did with Kodi. I gave all three dogs a cool bath, patted them dry, and put them in their kennel with the fan in front of it. Hopefully that helps. There are two water bowls currently in the house which I always make sure are full. All of the dogs have had their shots and seem fine with the exception of one of them having diarreah so I really don't think it's anything other than heat exhaustion. Any tips to help keep these guys cooler during this warm weather?

EDIT: And by "ever since the weather has warmed up" I mean the past 2 days

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thank you for reminding me to add a fan to the shopping list in case the AC goes out. My apartment isn't very well-insulated anyway so it gets so cold in winter and hot when it is warm out.

I'll have to give her more pupsicles during the day too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts