Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all I have done all of the neccesary testing for Golden Retrievers. They are both two years old. I have a new female at breeding, this will be her first time breeding, so her first litter as well. She is five days from showing signs of swelling. She is three days into her heat since she started bleeding. My vet said we should tease her with my male at least once or twice a day. I have been doing so and all she does is jump around on the ground. Then she will get up and then rub her hind in his face but as soon as he goes to mount or even sniff she immediately lays down. Is this normal and when should I exxpect her to stay standing so that my male can breed? If she continues this behavior through day 9 to 12 then should I have her AI'd? Alos she is still having thick dark bloody discahrge. So to me it seems like she may still be in Proestrus.
Any help is very much appreciated!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
These really are questions you should be asking your mentor about.

Another member posted a chart in your thread re: puppy mills, about 9 months ago.

Is there a reason why you're not consulting with your mentor?

·
Super Moderator
3,258 Posts
Although many of us are generally quite knowledgable about dogs and dog behavior in general, there aren't many breeders or people who would have that kind of first hand experience who are active on this forum anymore. You will likely have better luck consulting with a mentor who has first hand knowledge of breeding two very young, inexperienced dogs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts