Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and a bit more info she is pretty mellow and a bit shy but loves playing with other dogs. She is about 35lb.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pit bull mostly. Since "pit bull" is not really a breed, but more of a designation that includes many breeds, to be more accurate, I'd say either American Staffordshire Terrier or American Pit Bull Terrier. She's cute/pretty!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Pit bull mostly. Since "pit bull" is not really a breed, but more of a designation that includes many breeds, to be more accurate, I'd say either American Staffordshire Terrier or American Pit Bull Terrier. She's cute/pretty!
Actually that's wrong. The American Pit Bull Terrier IS the one and only pit bull, pit bull is just a shortened nickname, much like staffie is for the SBT or Toller is for the NSDTR. It is used wrong by so many people, which causes confusion and misidentification.

OP: Yeah maybe pittie or more likely boxer. Do you have any photos of the dog standing up?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Cute dog. I love the white on her face and paws. I'm not an expert but she looks more Boxer-ish to me than Pit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She was listed as boxer/aussie :p ...not the best pic her face isnt as flat as it looks in that pic..she gets a photo shoot tonight!
Thank you for your responses..

Can anyone tell me more about boxers never had experience with that breed???

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also at 8months and 35lb what size would be a good guess she will be when fully grown?

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
The white striped face and sox resemble boxer in the mix ?

Very general rule of thumb is that a 6 mos pup weight multiplied by 1.5 equal adult weight. Based on that I estimate that she will weigh less than 35 lb x 1.5 = 50 lbs....

A boxer is energetic, loving, very people friendly, very playful. Just like a 'test' for retrievers is that they like to play with water, a 'test' for boxer [genes] is that they will box a lot with their front paws when they play. The tests are anecdotal, b/c other breeds will have these traits, also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually that's wrong. The American Pit Bull Terrier IS the one and only pit bull, pit bull is just a shortened nickname, much like staffie is for the SBT or Toller is for the NSDTR. It is used wrong by so many people, which causes confusion and misidentification.

As I mentioned originally, "pit bull" is not a breed...it's a designation that uneducated people give to any dog that has certain characteristics. I did say too that, as a BREED, this dog looks like either American Staffordshire Terrier or American Pit Bull Terrier . There is still no specific breed that is a "Pit Bull".....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A boxer is energetic, loving, very people friendly, very playful. Just like a 'test' for retrievers is that they like to play with water, a 'test' for boxer [genes] is that they will box a lot with their front paws when they play. The tests are anecdotal, b/c other breeds will have these traits, also.
Thats funny she does use her front paws alot when my heeler mix plays with her and he plays by bitting her heels and paws( such a typical herding dog) . She doesnt understand what he is trying to do to her :p

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you spirt....poor baby was abandoned twice :(....can't understand why she has been so sweet and well behaved silly people....There loss however was def my gain!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Thank you spirt....poor baby was abandoned twice :(....can't understand why she has been so sweet and well behaved silly people....There loss however was def my gain!
She may get a little more rambunctious as she gets comfortable. I see pit bull in there, also, either Staffy or ABPT. The muzzle looks awfully long for a boxer to me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hoping she is not staffy or abpt :/ though I love her just the same have had bad experiences with them and was very last on my wishlist of dogs.... Oh well so far so good and ready to take on anything she has to throw at me :D.... and her muzzle is very long its almost the same shape as my forest's slightly wider.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I think a staffy tends to be the larger of the bully breeds and the abpt is the smaller ?? But they are very good with people, and eager to learn. My nephew has a young 100 lb Staffy that is almost as much as 'plush toy' as my 11 yo Lab mix. ... It's all in the socialization, Bite Inhibition, play experiences, and training.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts