Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these pictures a few days ago thought I'd share them. He's growing up so much. my friends call these pictures his Stud pictures lol

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
My, he is a studly fellow! Doesn't look like he has to work at it very hard tho...bet it comes natural to him. :D

Do you breed aussies? All of yours are quite good looking.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Fabio doesn't have anything on him. lol Wait! Are you to young to even know who Fabio is? Anyway, the pics are great. He looks like he would be on the cover of a little doggy romance novel. Love the hair blowing in the breeze look. :)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Fabio doesn't have anything on him. lol Wait! Are you to young to even know who Fabio is? Anyway, the pics are great. He looks like he would be on the cover of a little doggy romance novel. Love the hair blowing in the breeze look. :)
Yeh, that's it...he's the doggie version of Fabio! Too funny Inga.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My, he is a studly fellow! Doesn't look like he has to work at it very hard tho...bet it comes natural to him. :D

Do you breed aussies? All of yours are quite good looking.
Nope no breeding going on around here, Jack is quite good looking besides the ears, but Kechara is a special aussie with all the personality but she's all too fine and bitchy to be considered a good enough example of the breed to be considered for breeding.

Hawk might be used for stud someday but I'm not making any plans as far as that goes right now we just consentrate on training, not to mention he still has to get his OFA hips done and thats not done till two years old. I don't know if I'll do testing for the MDR1 gene or not I have no idea how much it costs. Hawkeye's sire was tested for MDR1 and came back clear so he probably dosn't have it anyway.

lol yep I know Fabio and good example I think it suits him in these pictures.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hawk is gorgeous!! His coat is so shiny and the perfect length. I'm jealous, my aussie's coat is so short lol, someone needs to tell him he's an aussie and needs to grow a coat haha.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hawk is gorgeous!! His coat is so shiny and the perfect length. I'm jealous, my aussie's coat is so short lol, someone needs to tell him he's an aussie and needs to grow a coat haha.
I'm not sure were your from but the aussie's coat can differ depending on the climate they live in. a hotter climate is going to produce a thinner slightly shorter coat. not to mention Hawk had a -20F winter to really kick his coat into full bloom.

·
Registered
916 Posts
He is gorgeous! What color is he considered black tri or merle?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He is gorgeous! What color is he considered black tri or merle?
He is a blue merle.

and actually even if a dog is born mostly solid with say only a bit of merle on the tip of the tail and the tail is docked off. the dog still has to be shown as a merle.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Very interesting! I didn't know that. My mother has a blue merle mini at home and she is absolutely gorgeous, I love merles. I'm trying to convince my fiance that we need another dog in the next year or so :D I would love a red merle with a collar and white feet, if only to dream...sigh...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hawk is one of the hunkiest aussies I 've seen! Drop dead gorgeous!! I love his color! Most of the blue merles are lighter grey, I think all that black makes him look amazing!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very interesting! I didn't know that. My mother has a blue merle mini at home and she is absolutely gorgeous, I love merles. I'm trying to convince my fiance that we need another dog in the next year or so :D I would love a red merle with a collar and white feet, if only to dream...sigh...
Well If you want to get an Aussie a good breeder is EVERYTHING in this breed. Hip Dysplasia affects about 50% of Aussies, so I can't stress enough how important OFA testing is for this breed. Not to mention there are a lot of Aussies being bred that have very unstable temperments.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts