1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hawkeye will now be known as

Diamond Aire Pierce the Sun CGC

Yay!

his first certification. The test was a cinch for him.

I'll be sending in his test results to AKC next week or so. I got to update my website now.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congratulations!

I never understood the crazy names that a dog has when it becomes AKC registered, or whatever.

Does CGC = Canine Good Citizenship!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Congrats!!!! Great job!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations!

I never understood the crazy names that a dog has when it becomes AKC registered, or whatever.

Does CGC = Canine Good Citizenship!
Well the point in Hawkeye's name is

Diamond Aire= The name of his breeders kennel so we put it in his name so if he ever does great things people will know where he came from.

Sun= because his mommies name was Diamond Aire "Solar Flare"

Pierce= Because he is named after Hawkeye Pierce from the Show M*A*S*H*

and "Pierce the Sun" because it's a fun way to play with the words

and Yep CGC stands for Canine Good Citizen

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Way to go Hawkeye! Be sure to update his vet records with the CGC behind his name (some vets and groomers give discounts to CGC's and titled dogs)...if they don't, he certainly deserves the honor anyway!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Congratulations, Hawkeye! That's fantastic!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Congratulations to you AND Hawkeye WhateverHisWholeNameIs :p lol! I think his name is fantastic, you're very creative and it all sounds great together...

I wish Donatello could get a CGC... Heh, not with his behavior lately!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Congratulations to you and Hawk!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone.

I was contemplating today weather I should enter him at the Manitowoc show this fall. There are four obedience trials and I think he could get his CD. He just has to work on getting straight sits and He'll be perfect.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Congratulations Hawkeye!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Congrats on the CGC! I recently put one on my puppy and now have one more to go then everyone will have theirs.

Will you ever try Rally? Taking a dog through Rally is a great way to prepare them for traditional obedience. At least through RA, so they get the off lead time. In rally you do stuff from Novice, Open and Utility so it's great practice.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the CGC! I recently put one on my puppy and now have one more to go then everyone will have theirs.

Will you ever try Rally? Taking a dog through Rally is a great way to prepare them for traditional obedience. At least through RA, so they get the off lead time. In rally you do stuff from Novice, Open and Utility so it's great practice.
I did some Rally-O training with Kechara and also a Dachshund I trained, it just isn't my thing.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Ah, I see. It just seems to keep enthusiasm up and stress down if you put some "ring time" on them in Rally first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts