Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys ever seen someone smack their dog/s?

Last night I took Sadie to a school field to play fetch and what not, and this guy comes walking through with his 2 beautiful rotties. They were making noises, one was woofing, and one was letting out a sort of low howl. The man started yelling at them and being so mean. I just ignored it and kept playing with Sadie. Then I heard "smack!" and I looked over. The dogs were just being dogs and they got smacked for it. He didn't use any command to get them to stop whatever they were doing, he just hit one of them! I was so angry. It was a hard smack too, the dog even let out a wimper :( He did this 3 times to his dogs, and I just wanted to yell at him. But, I was alone with my dog and I wasn't about to start a confrontation with some big ol man and his 2 Rotties lol. Every time he hit them I made sure he knew I saw, and then I think he got uncomfortable with my staring and stopped hitting them. He ended up acting all friendly to them, which was obviously not how he really treated them. Before they even entered the park I could hear him being mean to the dogs. I just feel bad, those poor dogs probably love him to death and he hits them for NOTHING. You don't hit a dog, there is really no need for it unless you WANT it to fear you or something. Especially hitting the dog so hard it's heard from so far away, and the dog yelps. Sorry I just had to rant. Have any of you seen a dog be hit hard by it's owner? If so, what did you do?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts