Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to dream this about EVERY dog I've ever had -- that they were able to speak English. LOL I think it's because they seem so human to me... especially the pups I have now... they're just so expressive and communicative. Dixon in particular has always been quite vocal, and seems frustrated that she can't pronounce the words she wants to (she definitely understands an amazing number of words).

I was just thinking about this because my dreams so often feature my pups, and last night I was dreaming that they were talking and it didn't phase me one bit (in fact I remember thinking, "Finally, they've learned English!" :rolleyes:).

Who else has dreamed this about your pups? I wonder if there's some deep Freudian meaning behind it. :D

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Nope, though that sounds like a fun dream :)

Only dog dream I can remember is somehow I owned 200 dogs all in one regular-sized house and I was trying to "group train" them 50 at a time.

Needless to say all 201 of us were stepping all over each other and the noise was insane.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ROFL! That's awesome. Thanks for the giggle! :D (I won't tell my husband about that dream, because he already thinks we need to adopt 47 more Poodles!! :eek:)

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I seem to dream this about EVERY dog I've ever had -- that they were able to speak English. LOL
What? You mean they don't?!:eek:

LOL Seriously, they may not speak English, but they're very adept at communicating with me!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
No, but I have had a few dreams where Zoey has gotten lost or left behind somewhere and I can't find her.. or one time there was a tornado at our house and she got blown away.. They are always horrible.. and I always wake up and pull her up next to me and just be SOOO happy she's safe and it was all a dream.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
LOL Seriously, they may not speak English, but they're very adept at communicating with me!
LOL I wonder if that's a Poodle thing... when they're telling me something, there is never ANY doubt what they're trying to tell me!

Aww, Binkalette, I hate dreams like that... so scary!

One semi-unrelated note... Dixon used to have a little bunny toy that said "Somebunny loves you!" when she squeezed it. One day when I was sick and feeling horrible, Dixon went and got that bunny and dropped it in my lap, squeezing it first so it would tell me "Somebunny loves you!" She has done that at other times with that bunny. I know she knows what "I love you" means... at least, whenever we tell her that, she wags her tail and cries out with a happy sound and kisses me vigorously... so it honestly seemed to me that she was using that bunny to communicate with me. Between that bunny and my boys ringing the bell quite clearly when they need to go out, it makes me realize what clear communicators they are.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
LOL I wonder if that's a Poodle thing... when they're telling me something, there is never ANY doubt what they're trying to tell me!
LOL Well, Poodles are different in many ways from other dogs. I've had many dogs (mutts and purebreds) over the years whom I've adored and loved, but there's something about these Standard Poodles that's very difficult to explain to someone who has never lived with one! There's an awareness, a conciousness, if you will, present in a SPoodle. Gives me goosebumps sometimes!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SO true, poodleholic! Dixon's breeder stopped breeding Standards altogether a few years back... said it was too hard to give them up, they were like (human) children, and she would lie awake at night worrying about the ones who had been adopted away. Before I had Standard Poodles, I had Golden Retrievers, a wonderful Lab, and a few other childhood dogs, and they were all wonderful... but you're right, NONE of them are as "human" as SPoodles. Definitely goosebumpy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts