Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! First off, appreciate your insight as I'm a first time owner. Yesterday my 1.5 year old dog peed in the house, something she hasn't done since just after we adopted her 6 months ago. The thing is, it was totally our fault. It was a really crazy day and there was a misunderstanding- I thought my husband took her out and he thought that I did. I brought home her favourite treat that evening and she sat by the cupboard in the hall whining for an hour, which she totally will do if she knows that the treats are in there so I just ignored her. I briefly consisted that she wanted to go out but looking at the clock I thought she had just been out 2 hours ago. And then...She peed. We realized immediately what had happened so I calmly took her outside while my husband cleaned up. I feel absolutely terrible, like I completely betrayed my poor pup because she tried to tell me and I ignored her. I'm wondering if she is going to be set back by this? Have I messed her up or broken her trust in some way?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply! I'm probably being overly worried about it. I should have just taken her out like you said. She has bad habit of whining to go out just to hang out outside though so we try not to give in until around the time when she is supposed to go, you know? Especially since it was raining and she would have just turned right around to go back in, haha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.