Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 22week old Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppy, Karrot, sometimes crawls into my roommate's bath tub (when no one is around) and poops in it...
Why does he do this and when did he learn to do such a thing? He's got short little legs and crawling inside a bath tub seems to be lots of work for this little guy. I found the matter to be a little humorous just because it's so unusual and peculiar.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Bella did that once when she had the runs - I told her before I left for work, "if ya gotta go, do it in the tub!!" Sure enough I came home and she went poo in the tub.

Maybe it feels more private in there.....or it is payback for the bath.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha! goodness, i feel like it is payback for bath time. every bath time, karrot seems to be getting worse and worse at it. he squirms everywhere! his mannerisms are something I will probably never understand

·
Registered
948 Posts
I imagine having learned that the floor isn't a toilet, he figured out on his own that the bathtub isn't the floor........I find that really very clever.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Not mine, but my mother's dog used to pee in the shower if he couldn't make it until she got home to let him out. I thought it was very considerate of him...easy cleanup!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Once Toby was having urgency issues (it must have been an infection or something. . .it went on for a week or so, and then, just when I was going to take him to the vet, it stopped) and I knew he wasn't going to make it downstairs, so I put him in the shower and told him to go potty. And he did (although I think he couldn't help it). A co-worker of mine has a story about his Poodle eating a block of cheese, and then he went in the bathtub when it all cleared out. . .funny story. But. I guess dogs just know that the bathtub/shower is a better place to go than the floor. Maybe the drain smells sewage-y.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts