Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppies eat Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul and our older girl eats the adult dog version. They like it and they're all plenty healthy on it, but they are seriously SO incredibly gassy on it.

Has anyone had this issue with Chicken Soup? If so, what food worked better to eliminate the gas issue? I personally think all their farts are adorable :D, but it surely must be painful for my babies to have gas all the time.

Oh, the babies also have very adult-sized poo... I thought that with a quality food their poo would be smaller?

I did all the research on various dog foods before we brought our babies into our home, and the thought of having to go back to the drawing board gives me a headache... but I want to do what's best for the babies!

(Oh, the gas issue is there whether or not they have pumpkin added.)

Reactions: melgrj7

·
Registered
296 Posts
gas is simply the body having difficulty digesting something in the diet. Try adding a tablespoon of plain yogurt, or a probiotic like probios or benebac for 30 days and see how the gas situation goes.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you... ya know, I had given all the pups a tablespoon of yogurt in their food early on, but when it ran out I kept forgetting to buy more. I will try that again and see how it goes. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Yes, killer gas and nasty poos, we also suspect he was allergic to something, so he's on Natural Balance Allergy Formula,(given yogurt for a few days too) seems to be working good.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My dog used to have horrible gas daily. I started adding Fresh Digest by In Clover to his meals and I was amazed how wonderfully it worked. After about a week he actually had no gas. I took it for granted after a while and stopped buying it but it came back. I would recommend it.I researched the ingredients and compared it with more than a few other brands and I liked this one the best and it worked the best. The place I bought it from closed down but I switched him to a grainless food and that cut back on his gas a lot. He still has some though. I think I might try to order it on line now that I thought of it again. Here's the link..

http://www.doggy-gifts.com/Health/In-Clover

1 - 6 of 6 Posts