Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my hands don't work as well as they did, I cannot manage those side buckle thingies which all harnesses seem to have. One of my dogs needs a harness as she is able to weasel her way out of most collars. Does anyone out there know of a harness which uses regular buckles or velcro? I've been scouring the internet for ages but the only ones I found were on an American website. I surely cannot be the only dog-owner with this problem.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
So you want a regular tongue buckle instead of a quick release buckle? If it's for a larger dog, then you might want to check out places that sell equipment for bite sports, and I've seen a lot of regular buckle harnesses on them.

As an aside, have you tried a martingale collar? They are darned hard to get out of when adjusted properly.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Here is what I have. It is for Agitation work and so is very adjustable and padded. After setting it up to fit your dog it is head in, one foot in then one normal buckle to buckle.

I never walk or train a dog in a harness except for work with a Training helper. That said, this harness is a beast and very comfortable for the dog.

Frabo Leather Agitation Harness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts