Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Haven't posted here in ages.

Does anyone know where I can get a little attachment to hook an EasyWalk harness to a collar just for extra safety measures? I think if I bought a Halti I could just cut off the part that attaches to the collar. I haven't been able to find them as stand alone. They sell the clip parts at hardware stores that you find on dog leashes, but they are usually too big and heavy. So I think making one is out of the question.

I also wonder if doing this would lessen the effect of the anti-pull effect on the dog. What do you think?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I just hook the leash through the D ring on both the Easy Walk and the collar. I had to get a slightly bigger leash to accommodate both, but it works fine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You could try a saddlery shop. Horse people have all sorts of clips and leads.

I think if you put the lead through the D ring on the harness and then attach that to the collar you will nullify the purpose of the attachment point.

Try and find a hands free leash. One that has rings sown into the leash at different points. YOu could then fit a clip to one of the D rings, run the leash through the harness D ring and attach the end clip to the collar, and the second clip to the harness, leaving a loose loop of leash between the 2 as your safety.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I just hook the leash through the D ring on both the Easy Walk and the collar. I had to get a slightly bigger leash to accommodate both, but it works fine.
Ha, I do the exact same thing. And I don't think it messes up the "anti-pulling" mechanics. In fact I think it helps keep the harness aligned properly in the middle of her chest instead of shifting towards me as it can tend to do if the dog is pulling a little bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts