Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a while back when I told my dogs vet what type of shampoo I used he almost fliped. I was thinking that maybe a sticky on what products are toxic to pets would be a good idea. Below is two types of dog shampoo that the vet said was very very toxic to dogs. And no I do not mean for this to be quoted as a "slam post"

Hartze
Sergens

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would be in favor of such a thread as well. I'd like to know what I should avoid getting my dog.
I know that when my sister gets rawhide chews for her dog, she specifically looks for ones that are not made in China. Evidently there was some issue with ones that were made in China that made dogs sick and killed them. I didn't have a dog at the time, so I didn't really pay attention.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I have learned anything it is to not buy the cheap treats from places such as Doller Genral, I opened up a bag and it smell like soap!! Told my mom I was right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, Raid is a product that is bad for all pets. The bug spray at the Doller Genral says to use it on dogs. Might send them a fact or two.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
GreenPaws is a good site that lists flea and tick products with high toxicity in them.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
My no-nos are treats from outside the US (especially China), anything with a high alcohol content (though my dog's teeth cleaning gel does have alc in it).. as I think of more I'll add them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts