Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know your not suppossed to disturb wildlife, but my mom broke into my house at 6 am this mourning and handed me this tiny bundle of white spots. She told me that her dog, Cedrik, had gotten ahold of the baby. It is not hurt, but the mother never came back for it. It laid in the ditch all night long. I have to run to southern states and get it some colostrum and milk. If anyone on here has ever raised a fawn before please feel free to give some tips. i've raised alot of wildlife, but never a fawn. :eek:

i think it is olnt a day or two old

halrey hasn't left it's side since it got here

so like everyone eles in the house.. it is stuck with him whether it likes it or not

·
Registered
926 Posts
Oh, that is too cute. Glad you are going to help it. Just curious, is there a Wildlife Rehab Centre you can give this fawn to, as they will have the experience to raise and reintroduce it back into the wildlife. It will need to know how to look after itself later on.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Oh, that is too cute. Glad you are going to help it. Just curious, is there a Wildlife Rehab Centre you can give this fawn to, as they will have the experience to raise and reintroduce it back into the wildlife. It will need to know how to look after itself later on.
Hoppy, the one I saw on TV... staid with them as a child, and when he got to adolesence, he moved out. Just like a child. And he comes backs and visits his parents. It's pretty cool how they adapt.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, the fawn had maggots in a few poncture wounds. I cleaned as much as I could out.... it was a messy and digusting job, but I quickly got over my fear of them.. ugh! after it's bath and a few bottle breaks, I put it outside in a towl. Harley is pritty much taking over the mother role and cleaning her up and incuraging her to stand. It's amazing how he has calmed down around it and it so protective. Although he still wants it to play with him sooooo bad, lol I contact the DNR but the guy only told me that the mother will probably take it back abd to put it where my mom found it. The only problem is she found it in her yard with the dogs after it. she layed in the ditch all night. hopefully I can find a wildlife reabitliation center for her... I keep calling it a her, but really i dunno what it is yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts