Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today marks two years since we brought Kim home from her foster home...hard to believe so much times has passed. I am so very lucky to have this sweet girl in my life, and hope we have many many years to go.

I could go on and on about her but...I think you guys know how much I adore my baby girl. Everything I've learned and studied has been for this girl, and she's repaid me a hundredfold. I can't honestly say she makes me laugh every single day (I often get the feeling she's laughing at me as well but that's another issue). She's still truly my Golden Girl...

So in continuation of last year's honorary thread, here are a few highlights from the last year:

We got Kim this lifejacket as a puppy...she was supposed to max out at 30lbs and this was rated for up to 45lbs...I still remember telling DH, "oh this is perfect, even if she gets bigger than expected she won't grow out of this one!" Well...um...she did lol (she looks uncomfortable because the thing fit like a corset):

We also moved two states west, to the prairie, so Kim got to pack up her things (she tried leaving Webster behind...no dice) and hit the road. Along the way she apparently decided her seat belt harness was not enough protection and took matters into her own paws:

But she was rewarded at the end of her journey with a deck from which to spy on neighbors and her very own yard (can you feel the enthusiasm? lol):

She stayed busy,though, and picked up exotic skills like ball levitation...

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
...Hellhound impersonations...

...Stealth tactics...

...Bear-hunting (maybe she's part Plott Hound?)...

...Shank-making...

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...and Levitating:

As well as more mundane skills like agility...

...rock-hunting...

...and tackling, well, me:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So whatever the next year brings, I know that Kim will enjoy every moment of even the most ordinary things (like a good roll in the clover:)):

Happy Adoptiversary Kim!

And since people always post embarrassing baby bath time pics of their kids...for nostalgia's sake:

~All done...thanks for looking!~

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Happy adoptiversary, Kim! We love you! :D Man, I remember Kim's arrival... she was soooo small and cute. I remember you trying to find a collar for her skinny neck, lol. Then she went through that strange lanky awkward "when will she stop growing?!" phase. She's gorgeous!

Great pics Shaina.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Those big puppy ears still kill me - she had the total 'bat dog' thing down lol. She's lucky Web came along to outshine her in that department ;)

Happy Adoptiversary, Kim!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Great tribute again - pictures and captions are great - love reading these. That is one happy looking dog!

Happy Adoptiversary Kim!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
OMG! That was adorable!! Kim is such a babe! : D I love all those pictures, they're the best... The "embarassing bath pic" is hilarious!

Happy 2nd Adoptiversary, Kim!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Happy Adoptiverisary Kim :D:D

I bet you've been having a horrible year, right? So why don't you just come over and live with me........... :D:D

Seriously though, it's been a lot of fun watching Kim grow over the last two years. It's amazing how much she's changed in the last year and matured.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Happy adoptiversary, Kim! We love you!Man, I remember Kim's arrival... she was soooo small and cute. I remember you trying to find a collar for her skinny neck, lol. Then she went through that strange lanky awkward "when will she stop growing?!" phase. She's gorgeous!

Great pics Shaina.

Those big puppy ears still kill me - she had the total 'bat dog' thing down lol. She's lucky Web came along to outshine her in that department

Happy Adoptiversary, Kim!
Yeah it's a good thing her ears fold...she grew into them some but they would still be huge lol.

Great tribute again - pictures and captions are great - love reading these. That is one happy looking dog!

Happy Adoptiversary Kim!

OMG! That was adorable!! Kim is such a babe! I love all those pictures, they're the best... The "embarassing bath pic" is hilarious!

Happy 2nd Adoptiversary, Kim!
Haha thanks!

I bet you've been having a horrible year, right? So why don't you just come over and live with me...........

Seriously though, it's been a lot of fun watching Kim grow over the last two years. It's amazing how much she's changed in the last year and matured.
I'm watching you....:p

Happy two years Kim! I bet those two years are the best two years in Shaina's life..
Haha thanks Mudra!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts