Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well one year and one week ago today (hey my MIL was visiting last week...cut me some slack), Webster joined our family.

Webster's time as part of our family has been a classical comedy in which the story always ends well, no matter what difficulties are encountered along the way. It has taken a lot of time and determination on all our parts, but I can honestly say that a day has not gone by in the past year when this little guy hasn't put a smile on my face, for which I am very grateful.

He snuck into our hearts the same way he sneaks into my lap...lightly, wagging his tail, supremely confident that he belongs there...and flipping over to smack you in the face with a paw just as you get comfortable, haha.

I can only hope we have daily given him reasons to wag his tail, though I'm pretty sure he would wag on rain or shine. He's that kind of soul.

Thank you, Webster, for being part of my life.

Waiting for a new home:

First night home:

Sniff Sniff Sniff...

That first night I took him for a long lead walk at the stream near our place to let him stretch his legs after being caged for days on end. I found out he um...wasn't really used to uneven surfaces...when he ran off the edge of the bank, realized there was nothing but air under his paws, and face planted into the gravel bed...lol. And the best part...caught on video:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Then he got to meet The Beast herself. We took them on a long walk together, Webster wearing Kim's puppy harness she had long outgrown:

It was love at first sight...or not:

But they did eventually strike a truce and even, dare I say, become a bit attached to one another. They could at least unite to spy on the neighbors and make sure everything was normal in the neighborhood:

*more*

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Awe Webster, I still remember being so excited and hopeful that your mama would say "yes" to adopting you. She is a smart gal, she fell for your charms. ;) Glad you found a wonderful family to call your own. I am also glad that you are part of the dog-forums family and we all get to share in your growth and development. (hearing all your dirty little secrets and such.)

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Webster was introduced to the wondrous world of the Dog Park, and as you can see, was so terrified he refused to leave my side for even a moment, lol:

He learned that life can be sweet:

A bit frustrating:

Or just downright cruel ("It's a MAN-BAG!"):

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Then, just as he was getting settled in, we uprooted him again and moved west to the prairie:

He settled in quickly though...especially when he realized he had MORE windows from which to spy on neighbors:

Not to mention...BIGGER windows!

Unfortunately, the move didn't change his biggest trouble at all:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Then he read up on DF:

Learned self-defense:

and how to look *really* intimidating:

And was finally able to make a friend in the place of a rival:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He came into his own just in time for winter:

He also started agility:

And is apparently training to join the circus as a contortionist:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So while life may throw big obstacles in his path:

No challenge is too great...be it reaching the top:

Reaching the bottom:

Or just getting through:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
At the end of the day, he's still Webster, always ready for the next great adventure:

~Thanks for Looking~

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
YOU'RE WELCOME SHAINA.. :D Just kidding!

I cant believe it has been a year. It seems just yesterday I've been nagging you to get in the car and go pick up Webster. Look at him now. You certainly did a wonderful job with him Shaina. I cant imagine a better owner for him.

Cheers! Here's to more years of laughters and wonderful adventures with our little boy. :D

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Refreshing this page over and over and waiting for more awesome pics to come up has helped me get through two pages of my research paper. LOL! Thanks so much for sharing. These pictures are great and Webster looks like he has a great life with you.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I remember when you came home and told us about him. I just KNEW he would be a part of your life. That face in that quaint lil fish store grabbed your heart as it did all of ours.

We are all so lucky you did. I couldnt live without Webster.:)

Happy Anniversary cutie pie!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Shaina, what a wonderful tribute to your silly boy Webster. I love every single picture and am so glad that I was among the many that knew you couldn't leave him in that fish store. I just can't believe it has been a whole year, how did that happen?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
A year!! I can't believe it's been that long. Like everyone else, I remember when you came home from the fish store and told us about him. More importantly, you went back to get him! :D

Happy Anniversary Web!!

Now, about those ears...............

·
Registered
926 Posts
Ahh, that is really sweet to read, and the pictures are great.

Happy Anniversary, and here's to many more years of smiles!
Maureen

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I just love Web-man pictures. I can't believe it's been a year either, but it looks like it's been a great one. Hope you all will have many more fun-filled years together.

I will say though it's not fair to the competition when Web-man does agility...surely with those ears he can fly and that must be cheating! :p

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Awww man Shaina! What an awesome tribute for a terrific little man... even if he does carry a man bag. :p

But seriously, I wish I was one of your dogs! You can really see how much you love both of them.

And I've never seen the contortionist picture :eek: That's hilarious, you can barely make out what is what!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!! He is so handsome! Great pics and happy anniversary!!!!!

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I <3 Web (and his ears!)

Happy anniversary!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts