Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Upendi is officially a year old! I can remember bringing her home at only a month old after her mother had rejected her and the people who had her didn't know much about puppies. She's was only 2.5 lbs at the time and quite sickly. At first she had to be fed every four hours, and was in desperate need of worming. With much love and care she became healthy and happy. Since she came into my life we've been inseperable, and for the first few months she spent literally 24/7 with me. And now she still does. I can remember taking her on vacation. She went out of the state before she was even three months old. It was heaven for her I'm sure as it was an old farm house on tons of land and way away from the road so she was off leash the entire time. I didn't have to worry though as she didn't leave my side the entire time. :lol: I can remember how proud I was as she had no accidents while we were there. She truly was the easiest puppy. She housetrained in a week and only had three accidents since. She learned how to sit within five minutes and never forgot it. Come to think of it though she learns everything quickly. I'm proud the say she's mine and she's definitely my heart dog, as John says I'm hers as much as she's mine. We've had our share of scares like when she was hit by a car. And our share of laughs like the time she broke down the gate ran downstairs and pushed open the bathroom door to insert herself in my lap because she heard me bathing Sammy. I can honestly say she's one of the best things that has ever happened to me. She's my constant companion, my best friend, my comfort, and now she's my big girl. So happy birthday Upendi! Thank you for bringing all the joy that you do into my life and thank you for choosing me that day. <3

The day I brought her home, she was so tiny.

Birthday pictures coming later as it's 4 in the morning. We did take her for a midnight walk and play session at our friends fenced yard with Katie though for her birthday. We're baking her a cake later and throwing her a little party. :)

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, we had a doggone fun day. ;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Your story is very heart warming, and I am glad she is only one year old, because time passes so fast for dogs, that is the only down side for me.
I picked my dog when she was two weeks old, because she was the only female in the litter and I was promised a female. She stayed with her mother, but I was able to visit her as she was growing and she got very attached to me and my wife before she even came home. When she did come home she inspected the place like hers all along:) She is just like your dog, joy of my life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts