Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One Friday in April of 2012, I went to the washateria (aka laundromat) with dirty laundry, and came home with clean laundry, as well as the mangey, exhausted, half-starved German Shepherd puppy that had been wandering around the parking lot. The vet and I guestimated she had been born in mid to late January, so we stuck 1-20-12 as her official DOB.

She was in such bad shape that neither I nor my vet would have been surprised if she'd up and died on me that first weekend, and if she survived, she was going to go to a rescue, since I didn't need or want a third dog at that time.

Well, she's still here and somehow just turned ten years old...

2022-1-20 Leo's 10th Birthday DSC_8942 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2022-1-20 Leo's 10th Birthday DSC_8949 CPC Sunday by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2022-1-20 Leo's 10th Birthday DSC_8978 CPC Somber by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2022-1-20 Leo's 10th Birthday DSC_8994 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2022-1-20 Leo's 10th Birthday DSC_9034 CPC Red by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2022-1-20 Leo's 10th Birthday DSC_9035 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2022-1-20 Leo's 10th Birthday DSC_9037 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2022-1-20 Leo's 10th Birthday DSC_9074 CPC Dramatic by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

Along the way, she's earned 44 titles from ten different organizations, mainly for parkour, but also tricks, walking, geocaching, and lure coursing.

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
1,033 Posts
Happy Birthday Leo!!! You've come a long way baby.

Tornado-dog's adoption anniversary is just two weeks away. It will be one year. I just found out that his mom was a semi-feral dog. The shelter was unable to get her to adapt to homelife over the past year and have just transferred her to a sanctuary where she can be safe and healthy but live a more "wild" life.

Reactions: LeoRose

·
Registered
228 Posts
Leo looks awesome for 10 yrs old! My previous dog was like that, not even a bit of grey on the muzzle until 12. And even then she was still running and active, of course a bit slower or had a bit less stamina, but overall very active and healthy.

Happy Birthday Leo! And many more!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts