Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2 to 3 yr old Golden Spaniel mix rescue from down south that came up to New England in the past 10 days or so. My question is concerning her hanging belly skin and mammary glands which are quite prominent. I don't know how many litters she has had or when she gave birth but want to know if her skin will go back to normal. All of my dogs have been spayed and I have never seen skin and glands hang like this. Thanks for any insight. ( It almost looks like she could snag her skin on something)

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Having babies just ruins your figure! :biggrin1:

Most dogs I've know who had multiple litters and then were spayed do tighten up after a while. They'll always have larger nipples and possibly a bit of hanging skin, but not like it is now.

If she'll be running through a lot of underbrush or you have some other reason to think she'll hurt herself from the hanging skin, they sell special vests just for this purpose. Check hunting dog websites for their products.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Some vets will also do a "tummy tuck" when they do the spay. If she isn't spayed yet you might look into that as an option as well.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Yes but you will have to work for it. You are going to have to take that dog jogging every day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts