Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a lot of gardening, and I thought I'd try to grow sweet potatoes in a tub on the back deck. I had to mix some potting soil and sand together to plant the potatoes... so I dumped in the dirt, and dumped in the sand.... and dumped in the digger puppy!! He was thrilled and went to town!

Dig?

Dig!

Dig!! Dig!! Dig!!

This is great!

I'm so filthy!

I love this so much!

What am I doin'?

I'm layin' in a bucket of dirt and sand!!

And it's great!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a morning with his friends at the park, and an afternoon of digging, Hamilton sacks out in the kitchen in his new ubersoft bed while I bake a cake

I am so awkwardly positioned in this picture... but SO MANY ANIMALS!!

So close, and yet, so far... Hamilton & Sir Didymus

Spoiled puppy mopes in front of his toys

Only his feet are in bed?

The cats are after Hammie's dinner.

Atticus helps himself to a handful.

Relaxing in the recliner.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to his trainer yesterday about his penchant for digging and asked if I'd be nuts to put in a sandbox in the back just for him, and she said it was a great idea, and it's what she would have suggested!! So guess who's gettin' a sandbox?!! lol. I'm turning into the crazy dog lady.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
That sounds like a great idea. I've wanted to do that for Poca because she loves digging at the beach. She would love finding buried toys in the sand. But she's so big and such a vigorous digger that I would need a huge area. And I'd still be digging sand off the lawn. Post pics if you do it.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
The pics are great! I LOVE the digging ones ... and the sand box for his very own is an awesome idea! I can hardly wait to see pics of that too! :D Hamilton has just the sweetest face and such adorning little eyes!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sandbox is definitely a more practical solution for a small dog! I thought I'd get a cheap kiddy pool and fill it with bags of play sand. I thought about a sandbox at first, but he needs higher sides so he doesn't kick sand everywhere. We'll see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts