Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is a foster mom for our local shelter and she is currently caring for a litter of pups who were brought in by a family member of the actual owner. Pups, mama and dad were being abused, living in their own urine/feces in a tiny cage all day long. After meeting the pups I sent in an application. Shelter called yesterday, I got approved! :whoo: I get to bring little no name home the day before Halloween! She is a "Schweenie" A Dachshund/Shih Tzu mix.

I'd love to name her something Halloween/Fall themed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
This is strange, but apparently there's a site for this occasion...

Literally Halloween themed baby names...

http://nameberry.com/list/439/Halloween-Baby-Names

I don't mind Autumn, or Buffy.
Unless you want to continue the T-theme you have with your names.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Boo, Pumpkin, Bones, Spooky, Autumn, Buffy, Willow, Carrie, Sally, Tricky, Hex, Frankie, Wolfie, Magic, Midnight, Moon, Phantom, Ghost, Raven, Shadow, Spirit, Ember

People don't really go around saying they have a "schweenie" do they?? Oh my

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boo, Pumpkin, Bones, Spooky, Autumn, Buffy, Willow, Carrie, Sally, Tricky, Hex, Frankie, Wolfie, Magic, Midnight, Moon, Phantom, Ghost, Raven, Shadow, Spirit, Ember

I was so curious to see what exactly this breed was called and a bunch of things popped up about Schweenies, very unique lol. Thank you for all the name suggestions! I'll be adding them to my list and hopefully my husband and I can finally agree on one!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is strange, but apparently there's a site for this occasion...

Literally Halloween themed baby names...

http://nameberry.com/list/439/Halloween-Baby-Names

I don't mind Autumn, or Buffy.
Unless you want to continue the T-theme you have with your names.
Thank you for that link! I had only seen suggestions on yahoo, I had no idea there would be an actual site! lol

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I say that all of the time. To strangers. Just for fun. ;P

I like the idea of giving them a fall theme and naming them all after gourds.

Butternut, Squash, Baby Boo (or just Boo), Coco (short for Cocozelle), Custard, Mandarin, Jack (short for Jack O'Lantern), Zucci (short for Zucchini), Scallop (Scallopini), Sunburst....

I'd totally name a cat Futterkurbis. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I have a cat named Halloween, a dog named Magic, a dog named Lenore, and one of my previous dogs was Hobgoblin. Other names that have been on the list Poe, Wraith, Brom, Binx, Hocus Pocus (this was actually Halloween's name and then my son "forgot" and renamed her a day later LOL), Bellatrix and Luna but I mostly name male animals (the kids/hubby name the females).

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I have a cat named Halloween, a dog named Magic, a dog named Lenore, and one of my previous dogs was Hobgoblin. Other names that have been on the list Poe, Wraith, Brom, Binx, Hocus Pocus (this was actually Halloween's name and then my son "forgot" and renamed her a day later LOL), Bellatrix and Luna but I mostly name male animals (the kids/hubby name the females).
Hobgoblin is probably second only to Thud on my list of favorite dog names of all time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Congratulations on your new little one!

I like Autumn and I'll throw in Opal and Topaz (Oct. & Nov gemstones).
Thank you!
I had never thought about gemstones! She was born September 4th, her gemstone would be Sapphire which I love! Thanks for that idea! I also like Autumn too.

You have some awesome taste in names, totally adding these to my list!

·
Registered
721 Posts
LOL, my Barbiel was born in October and seeing as she was chocolate I was a one time thinking candy names. However since we decided on an archangel name for my male, I found a site with month/trait and found Barbiel- That is the Archangel of the virtue of honesty and is connected to the month of October. It just worked for her (and I can call her Barbie for short)

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Momiji which means red leaves/fall time *basically* in Japanese it is also a feminine name (I think you said the puppy was a girl?) though it can also be a male name *it's used in an anime and the character is a boy*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts