Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can tell me if they've heard of a husky losing about 80% of her fur.She is a 42lb, 3 1/2 year old.Almost a year ago she started to smell like old gym socks an started to lose fur around her paws and legs first then her face and chest.We went to the vet(obviously).They said allergy to fleas-wrong,then mites-wrong,checked for mange-nope.I finally had her thyroid levels checked...way too low.We've since adjusted them with meds but the fur loss,itching and smell have not gone away.I've also eliminated chicken,corn,wheat and by-products from her diet.She's now on a fish and potatoe food.Has anyone else had any experience with this?Kira is the only husky I know that has to wear a coat in the winter!!!:eek:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Miss Mutt, I'm really at my wits end with this, my vet is not much help unless I push him for answers.Another bit of info, she also has missed 2 heat cycles and her body temp seems high and also has bad dandruff.If she was an infant I'd call it cradle cap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts