Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female had puppies on April 22nd and for the first couple of weeks everything was going fine. But2 weeks left until they can go to their new homes and my male dog started attacking the puppies, so needless to say we kept him seperated until they left for their new homes.

Well here is in in July and all the puppies have been gone for a while and he is still attacking our cats and sometimes even my female for what seems like no reason at all. Its just at random. Well lately we have been noticing that she is loosing a lot of hair. Her tail isn't as fluffy and all over it is just thining out. I have been looking over her constantly, I don't see any irritations or rashes or mites(that I can see). She has also lost some weight as well. Anyone have a simular situation or any advise. We have an appointment with the vet on Monday I would just like something to put my mind at ease.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Honestly, I don't think there's much that can be said here until the vet visit. Once you get a diagnosis we can help you out.

BTW, I'd advise one for the male as well, often underlying medical conditions can cause aggression that wasn't there before.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is it possible your female is stressing over the loss of her puppies? She may also be upset about the random attacks from your male. I would be sure to have him checked out as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts