Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the last few weeks my gsd has lost hair around her eyes, it hasn't really spread, just even of about half a finger nails width, but she looks horrid. what could this be? I am taking her to the vet next week, but until then i want to know if i can do anything at home...i've been bathing them in warm salty water

·
Registered
223 Posts
Could very well be a symptom of an allergic reaction, especially the location of the hair loss and the size. Taylor and one of his brothers are both allergic to ragweed, Taylor loses hair from all over and his brother always loses it on his head, starting near the eyes. His brother never lost huge patches but mulitple little patches the size of a pinky nail. Als considering the time of year it's probably environmental allergies, unless you switched up her treats or food latley then that could be it to. Basically having gone through it for a couple years in a row it's not that bad *smiles*, with you taking the pooch to the vet as soon as it started he'll be able to medicate, if that is the problem, and stop it before any skin infections or anything happens.
Also have you noticed if she's been sneezy outdoors or pawing at her face? Is her fur thinner on the belly?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts