Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my family and I had to put our 13 year old dachshund to sleep. She had malignant tumors in her liver, that we had only found out about a week and a half ago. I have had her since I was 10 years old and my house feels so empty now and I miss her so much. Part of me still thinks shes not gone, but I know she is. Its so weird without her here and coming home to her cage and toys is heartbreaking :(. Rest in Peace my Noel, I love you more than you will ever know

·
Super Moderator
11,834 Posts
That's a good long life for a dog, but it's never long-enough. At least she didn't suffer long.

You might think about going out to the pet memorial forum and telling some of your favorite stories about your dog. Maybe post some photos if you can.

I found that experience very comforting. It's good to share with folks that understand.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm so sorry. I know the feeling -- when you've had a precious pet for so long, it just leaves an empty place. Over time, the pain will lessen in instensity. :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I am so sorry that you are going through this. 13 years is a wonderful long life but like others have said, not long enough. As time passes you will spend more time remembering the fun, silly things that Noel did and smile instead of cry. Thank God for memories. Rest in Peace Noel.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have four mini daschies. They are the most livley wonders in a tiny case you'll ever see. I feel so sorry for you! I am extremly sorry for your loss. You might want to post this in the pet memorial section.
Rest in Peace Noel.

If you have never heard about the Rainbow Bridge, it might make you feel better, if you read about it.

Again so sorry!

Will you post a picture of her? I love seeing pictures of daschies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts