Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
In your signature, is Nismo the fifth dog over? He looks a bit like a Yorkie...unless you clipped his coat for that picture? Unless a dog is a proven champion, you can't really know whether or not they are true to the breed standard.

Yes Nismo is the fifth dog over. If he looks like a yorkie, well then that a crazy looking Yorkie. In that Picture Nismo had just got out of the lake. Maybe that isn't a very good pic but he sure isn't no yorkie.
For your fact above there are always DNA testing to find out of there is any other breeds in the background or if someone is lying about the backgrounds, etc.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yes Nismo is the fifth dog over. If he looks like a yorkie, well then that a crazy looking Yorkie. In that Picture Nismo had just got out of the lake. Maybe that isn't a very good pic but he sure isn't no yorkie.
For your fact above there are always DNA testing to find out of there is any other breeds in the background or if someone is lying about the backgrounds, etc.
Well, it must be because he had just gotten out of the lake. I'm used to seeing Poms looking like this:

http://pics.hoobly.com/full/9E8UII6Y639Z.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Before I write out an entire reponse, you might want to go here

http://www.akc.org/breeds/pomeranian/index.cfm

as a quick answer to your question.
Okay first off, don't think I'm dumb! I know the history of a pom and the whole pretty fluffy Pom. Yes, the only thing my Pom lacks is a beautiful coat, But he's coat isn't bad. My Nismo will prolly never be AKC showmanship quality but everything else is great.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Why did you breed the dog though? Do all of the puppies have loving homes to go to? I'm just concerned. The last thing we need is more homeless dogs in shelters. Nismo doesn't have that pom face... my friend has a male Pomeranian and his face looks nothing like that. Are you sure he's not a mutt? Where did you get him from?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't seen any posts about where the puppies are going to. Did you have a waiting list planned out? And I swear Nizmo looks like a puppymill mutt!! My friend's pom does not have ears like that, and I know he's a purebred, so urs must be the mutt!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Why did you breed the dog though? Do all of the puppies have loving homes to go to? I'm just concerned. The last thing we need is more homeless dogs in shelters. Nismo doesn't have that pom face... my friend has a male Pomeranian and his face looks nothing like that. Are you sure he's not a mutt? Where did you get him from?
Okay, i liked to post better before you edited. I have already stated my ground on Nismo. NO HE'S NOT A MUTT. NOT ALL DOGS LOOK ALIKE. Nismo has a long muzzle. HE'S NOT A YORKIE BUT A POMERANIAN.

The breeding has been done, the pups have loving homes to go to!
And anyways, this was the last time Nismo will be a daddy. He has only been used 2 time. Once with Silvia and once with Coco.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I haven't seen any posts about where the puppies are going to. Did you have a waiting list planned out? And I swear Nizmo looks like a puppymill mutt!! My friend's pom does not have ears like that, and I know he's a purebred, so urs must be the mutt!!!!!
Easy there, Jill. Let's not assume this is a mutt/puppymill dog. It's a fact that Nismo is nowhere near the breed standard and that he shouldn't have been bred. However, what is done is done and the pups DO have homes...so at least that part of it was sorted out. Personally I don't understand why people were waiting two years for a pup out of a dog that is pet-quality...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I just joined to forum, i haven't had time to tell everyone on here where the pups are going too.

If you want names, addresses. and phone numbers of the people on the waiting list. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU THEM.

What are you talking about his ears.

Really, i don't like the word MUTT. SO just call him a dog!;)

Personally I don't understand why people were waiting two years for a pup out of a dog that is pet-quality...
There have been alot of people that have feel in love with Coco. These people want a pet, not something to bred, and Coco has produced some great show dogs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Okay as long as the puppies have homes -- please excuse my n00bish behavior. I guess Nismo isn't your typical Pom.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
My Nismo will prolly never be AKC showmanship quality but everything else is great.
Great, as in the pay day?

I'm not a breeder, and I have very high standards for breeders. Let me state that more to fact. I don't trust breeders farther than I can throw them. That being said, why would you breed a dog if it wasn't an excellent example of his breed? Before you answer, please understand that breeders don't get much of a free pass around here regarding their reputation. This shouldn't deter you from answering, but please don't be haphazard with your answer.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Has this litter been planned for a while? You said some people waited 2 years for a puppy from it. Are the puppies going to be AKC registered? They are all pet quality and their father is sorta... a different kinda pom... I personally would not wait that long for that kind of puppy. Are you giving out a health guarentee, making sure the puppies go to good homes, first shots, making sure their new owners spay and neuter the puppy? And where did you purchase the father from originally? Pet store? Breeder? Rescue/shelter? Just curious.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Others have summed up my opinions exactly, and to them I am greatful.

pup_at_heart, registration does not mean much, except that they are registered. There are no assurance of quality. She did mention that they are AKC and CKC, but also admitted that they do not match the standards met by AKC (which also means that they do not match CKC qualifications either), so the registration of those pups is pretty much worthless.

Also, you would be surprised to know what people will do for a cute puppy, I have been offered large sums of money to stud my pomeranian (image to the left), but I am aware that he is just a bit outside of the standard and I would not have the money to have all of the health certifications done, unknown history, he also does not hold any titles (maybe I will show him locally one day~in small informal shows) so for that and several other personal beliefs, he is happily neutered, but it is amusing that people will still make offers.

How someone can claim to love the pomeranian breed and dilute the qualities that make pomeranians what they are is weird...with people breeding larger than standard poms, off standard poms, "hybrids", "micro" "pocket" "teacup" poms, I sometimes think that there is no hope for this breed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congratulations on your puppies! I am sorry that you posted in excitement and only received greif in response. I don't know your situation, so I am not going to criticize you. Please post some puppy pictures soon... I would love to see them!

·
Registered
632 Posts
sorry to say that the op has some poorly bred poms and should of never been bred. It is getting real hard to find a pom that fits the standards any more. It's hard to find a pom that looks like a pom any more. Really! I have been looking and unless you go to a show breeder and want to pay 1200 or 1500 .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Great, as in the pay day?

I'm not a breeder, and I have very high standards for breeders. Let me state that more to fact. I don't trust breeders farther than I can throw them. That being said, why would you breed a dog if it wasn't an excellent example of his breed? Before you answer, please understand that breeders don't get much of a free pass around here regarding their reputation. This shouldn't deter you from answering, but please don't be haphazard with your answer.
I think this thread has gotten way out of hand. I came to this forum to show ya'll my dogs and meet knew people but yet I have been summed up to be a terrible person and have had my dogs called Mutts. Whats done is done, this isn't for the money. Heck i could care less about money and don't need it. With that said, enough is a enough!

Has this litter been planned for a while? You said some people waited 2 years for a puppy from it. Are the puppies going to be AKC registered? They are all pet quality and their father is sorta... a different kinda pom... I personally would not wait that long for that kind of puppy. Are you giving out a health guarentee, making sure the puppies go to good homes, first shots, making sure their new owners spay and neuter the puppy? And where did you purchase the father from originally? Pet store? Breeder? Rescue/shelter? Just curious.
Half of the question you have asked on the thread I have already answered above...READ!

Others have summed up my opinions exactly, and to them I am greatful.

pup_at_heart, registration does not mean much, except that they are registered. There are no assurance of quality. She did mention that they are AKC and CKC, but also admitted that they do not match the standards met by AKC (which also means that they do not match CKC qualifications either), so the registration of those pups is pretty much worthless.

Also, you would be surprised to know what people will do for a cute puppy, I have been offered large sums of money to stud my pomeranian (image to the left), but I am aware that he is just a bit outside of the standard and I would not have the money to have all of the health certifications done, unknown history, he also does not hold any titles (maybe I will show him locally one day~in small informal shows) so for that and several other personal beliefs, he is happily neutered, but it is amusing that people will still make offers.

How someone can claim to love the pomeranian breed and dilute the qualities that make pomeranians what they are is weird...with people breeding larger than standard poms, off standard poms, "hybrids", "micro" "pocket" "teacup" poms, I sometimes think that there is no hope for this breed.
I said above that Nismo is a slight bit of from the standards but I never said anything about my anyone else.

Congratulations on your puppies! I am sorry that you posted in excitement and only received greif in response. I don't know your situation, so I am not going to criticize you. Please post some puppy pictures soon... I would love to see them!
Thank you very much. I think you are the only warm hearted person here!

sorry to say that the op has some poorly bred poms and should of never been bred. It is getting real hard to find a pom that fits the standards any more. It's hard to find a pom that looks like a pom any more. Really! I have been looking and unless you go to a show breeder and want to pay 1200 or 1500 .
Yes, Poms do get high. Hope you find one!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just to clarify, the post was made to pup_at_heart, because he/she (i'm not sure, sorry) seemed to be surprised that people would wait, I just mearly gave another example of what people would do for a cute pup. To many people, its only about what's cute...

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Who is your mentor? What's her kennel name? If her dogs are BIS winners then it shouldn't be too hard to find a record of that. Very few dogs are ever awarded BIS, many of the top dogs in thier breed are lucky if they ever see a group first, so BIS is quite an achievement even for a small show.

You also mentioned that your male had been in 1 show, how did he do in that show? Have you ever shown your female or the pup from the first litter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbkat
Well have you tested the parents for genetic disease's before you started breeding?

Yes the parents have both been tested, they are on heartworm meds, and have had all there shots. Oh and wormed. They have great temperments, and have been adjusted to the life with other animals.
What test were done to see if your dogs may pass any genetic defects?and how did they do on those test?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey PomeranianCrazy, I want to say Nismo looks all pom to me, there are two different face types (more foxy, and more babydoll), and Nismo is more foxy. Nothing wrong with that. As for his coat, we can't comment on that from here, but the best breeders know the faults of their dogs and breed to negate those faults and strengthen weaknesses. So perhaps your mentor's bitch has an amazing coat, and is relying on some other great quality of Nismo's to make up for whatever fault her bitch has, we don't know.

I think people in this thread have been so rude, and jumped on the "Breeding is bad" bandwaggon without even reading your posts properly. The dogs were health-tested, with good temperaments, and the puppies had homes to go to before they were even conceived, what more does anyone want?? I may be in the monirity here, but healthy dogs with good temperament is my priority, not whether they fit an arbitrary standard designed to limit the gene-pool (and therefore cause all sorts of genetic problems).

Congratulations PomeranianCrazy, please ignore all the rude people and I hope to see pics of Nismo's pups.

Kaida

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, I just wanted to say congrats on the puppies! I'm really glad they all found homes before theywere born, shows that a lot more care was put into this litter than the tons of breeder websites I see where the sell the pups from their pictures, and full grown pups are yet to find owners!

And I'm assuming Nismo is the one above the name Nismo...I noticed that the name Siggy was not under a pom so I wasn't sure of the order. But I think your dogs are very pretty, especially Nismo. He may not have a big puffy coat but hey, I think he looks better this way.

I don't see the harm if they're pet dogs who have genetically tested backrounds for health problems and are all clear and have very nice temperaments. And maybe some will do well in the show ring, but I'm sure they'll all be very well loved pets!

So congrats again on the litter! Enjoy them...and don't worry...Nismo looks nothing like a yorkie, even if he isn't 100% show standards.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.