Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off, I studed Nismo out to my mentor. She breds Pomeranian and was my mentor when I bred Silvia and Nismo together. She's the reason I fell in love with the whole Pomeranian breed. Well she wanted to use Nismo with one of her high quality females, after see seen Silvia's litter. And thought it would be good. So I said okay! Well, I got a phone call @ about 9 saying she just had a pup. Well has of almost 1pm Coco had her 6th puppy! I'm glad Cindy doesn't live to far from me, so i can go see them and watch them grow!
Coco had 4 boys and 2 girls!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Very cool! What titles do your guys have? There's a lady down in Houston who has put UDs on a number of Poms and they're one of my favorite breeds to watch in the obedience ring. Her eldest dog is a black/tan and he was SUCH a flashy dog to watch work in his prime- got me hooked on competitive obedience!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Congratulations! Someone is going to be very busy soon!

·
Registered
112 Posts
WOW BIG litter.. good thing because a small litter the pups can be too big.. when do we get pictures?
How is it a good thing to have 6 pups in a 3-7 lbs (pomeranian standard) dog? If it were possible to fit 6 pups into a dog that small I can image the the pups would be too small to function...but then again, I highly doubt that this litter was bred by parents that fit the pom standard. If you breed again please find a mentor that is familar with the pomeranian standard, is active in show, and who does health clearances. There are FAR too many unethical breeders that breed to larger females to gain more pups per litter.

·
Registered
395 Posts
How is it a good thing to have 6 pups in a 3-7 lbs (pomeranian standard) dog? If it were possible to fit 6 pups into a dog that small I can image the the pups would be too small to function...but then again, I highly doubt that this litter was bred by parents that fit the pom standard. If you breed again please find a mentor that is familar with the pomeranian standard, is active in show, and who does health clearances. There are FAR too many unethical breeders that breed to larger females to gain more pups per litter.
You have a good point ToysHaveMyHeart, but I don't think it's fair to jump to conclusions. As far as we know the dogs that were breed could be right up to standard and carry titles, then again they could not. But I don't think that a large litter is enough proof that these dogs are being improperly bred. Who's to say these dogs don't have health clearances? Maybe they were just blessed with 6 pups instead of the normal 2 or 3. It's unusual but not impossible. I understand your concern, I just don't see enough evidence to support your case.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I highly doubt that this litter was bred by parents that fit the pom standard. If you breed again please find a mentor that is familar with the pomeranian standard, is active in show, and who does health clearances. There are FAR too many unethical breeders that breed to larger females to gain more pups per litter.
I think you need to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and wait until she responds before you start casting out judgements.

·
Banned
3,312 Posts

I agree and I do think the evidence is there..... the fact that she had an abnormally large litter for the breed and the fact that as soon as she was asked about titles we haven't seen hide nor hair from her. As a responsible breeder I know how people will react when I say that I had a litter.... we feel it all the time, the dirty looks you get at the vet.... everywhere that there are dog people and you say you had a litter or you are the breeder you get "the look" I think many of us if we were to post about having a litter would include all the information about the parents titles and clearances and why the litter was bred so to avoid anyone thinking that we were not responsible....

as soon as dogstar asked about titles.... we haven't heard from this person again.... that coupled with an abnormally large litter means that the likelihood is that the dogs that were bred were most likely not anywhere near the size limitations in teh breed standard..... if you look in her signature photo.... there are two pomeranians there.... or at least dogs that theoretically could be pomeranians because while they are adorable... they don't look like well bred pomeranians and I am not even that familiar with the breed standard..... yet she clearly states that she bred these two dogs.....

I would love to hear that we are wrong..... and that this person did do health clearances and did title her dogs... and that these pups are pre-placed wtih families that she has carefully screened..... but she has vacated and the odds are that none of this is the case.

s

·
Registered
112 Posts
Shalva, thank you for your post; you were able to write what I wanted to say much more eloquently than I could have :) , and you are correct, at least one pom in her banner is not purebred or is not properly bred.

I do admit that I tend to fly off the handle when it comes to suspicious pomeranian breeders, they are my favorite breed and I am all too well aware of the problems in the pomeranian community. I do think that I should have been a bit more civil though, and just left my post in the first neutral draft instead of the slightly upset version that I stuck with :( So I apologize for coming off as a nut, pomeranians are my life and obession, keeping calm in certain matters is difficult.

And renarose, I was just listing a few of the quailties that make a good mentor, I did not mean to imply either way if her dogs went through health clearances.

To the OP, I apologize if I came off as harsh or rude. Hopefully you realize that my posts are obsolutely meaningless if you did things properly :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
My aunt's Pom had puppies about a year ago... there were 4 pups born, but the youngest was a little black girl who died a few hours after birth because she was so weak. There were 2 black parti boys and 1 sable girl... what color are these babies?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
First off, before I explain the backgrounds and the history behind this litter.
I have something else to speak about. I don't want to get off to the wrong start here at this forum but I can't believe some of the people that have replied on this thread.
Just because Dogstar asked me a couple of questions at the beginning of my thread and I didn't log in and answer them right of the bat. Why does that make me a bad person? Why does that make me a bad Pomeranian owner? If I'm logged off this forum and someone replies to my thread I don't have a bell that rings in my house saying I have a reply. Also I have a life beyond this forum so I may not be able to be on here at all hours of the day. Sorry but that just the way it goes.
Anyways, There was a reply made saying my Poms didn't look like Pomeranian breed standards. Why don't my dogs look like standards?

I have 3 Poms in my siggy Silvia, Nismo, and Oliver. Oliver is from Silvia and Nismo's litter. The litter that Nismo and Slivia produced had no problems and the vet gave the litter two thumbs up. That was Silvia's first litter but I couldn't have asked for a better litter. As I know of right now 2 of her pups from her litter will be in the dog show next May. Which is great news!
I know alot about the Pomeranian Breed but you never know all and I'm always willing to learn more. But for some of you to sit back and shot me down when you don't even know the whole story is a load of crap in my book.

I know everyone has there own opinions on everything but when you give your 2 cents please have the descentcy to hear the full story and even my background cause heck ya'll don't even know me but I want ya'll to get to know me!!

Anyways for the backgrounds:
Nismo is AKC and CKC, his only been in 1 dog show, and in training for agility. Coco's is AKC and CKC with a Best of Breed in 06. They have been little shows nothing big but all counts. Cindy has had alot in the Past and has win a number of Best in Show. I can't speak for her but she has been alot of help to me. Nismo's mom won best in show at some dog show in Texas a couple years back as the breeder told me. The pedigrees in both of there backgrounds are wonderful and all of Coco's background are all chocolate Poms. So here background is great.
The reason we bred Nismo and Coco together is to produce quality Poms. We do have homes ready to go and all homes are in the Charleston area. The homes have been ready since before Nismo and Coco even mated. 2 people have been waiting for a pup for around 2 years now, which is a long time to wait but they wanted a pup from Coco!

Is there anything else anyone would like to know?

Last activity today at 12:40 PM by the thread starter....:confused: ;)
Yes I logged in and started replying to this thread and then had to leave and run uptown.

Ya'll are something

·
Registered
188 Posts
Are you a breeder? Why did you breed your dog?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well have you tested the parents for genetic disease's before you started breeding?
Yes the parents have both been tested, they are on heartworm meds, and have had all there shots. Oh and wormed. They have great temperments, and have been adjusted to the life with other animals.

Are you a breeder? Why did you breed your dog?
I have only bred my 2 once and thats a whole story in its self. But it was a great deliver with no problems and all the pups were healthy.

·
Registered
564 Posts
In your signature, is Nismo the fifth dog over? He looks a bit like a Yorkie...unless you clipped his coat for that picture? Unless a dog is a proven champion, you can't really know whether or not they are true to the breed standard.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.