Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just gone in the dining room to find gypsy has completely shredded her bed!
she has NEVER done anything like this before. i pointed to it, saying whats that? and she slunk away to the other side of the room.( i didnt shout at her but then i never have done)
i leave the room for 5 minutes to put the dinner on, come back in and she has ripped the edging from the wooden floor and started to chew all that up too! now im ready to kill her although again i just asked her what it was ( im in shock!) this is like 3 foot of floor edging!
she has always slept in that room without being crated, the only time she has been crated was just before she gave birth and that was to get her used to the crate as it was the safest place for her to giver birth.
so obviously ive now put up the large crate and she is in it as im now in and out of the room sorting out the dinner etc.
does anyone have any insite as to why the hell she has done this??:mad:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Is she still together with her puppies, if no, perhaps she is searching for them? If yes she might be stressed by something and tries to find a way out???

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
she does have access to the pups, and to be fair we have only had her since the end of august and perhaps this is her personality as she was pregnant before?
ive calmed down now :) took a deep breath!
i was just so surprised at her doing that! but as you say they are full of surprises thats why we love them :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Sigh ... Gotta love dogs :S. Is she getting any excersise? They might also be the prob, I know that mine are hard to deal with if they dont get their ball play twice a day with their chuck it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she hasnt been out for a lead walk yet, but we have been playing loads with her in the garden (massive area) ball, fetch chase etc.
the reason she hasnt been out is that we are worried when she may come into season again? i did read on the internet that they can get pregnant while nursing and we really done want that. she has an appointment at the vets for when the pups are 8 weeks ( 3 weeks time) to check that she is ok to be spayed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts