Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i might be relocating homes over the next month and need to get some basic idea of what my little girls needs may be size wise! Shes a mix so its hard, her mom is a rotty mix 45lbs, her dad a presa canario pure bred 140lbs, shes 11 weeks on tuesday, shes 15 inches to the shoulder and 26 lbs :p. Just need a basic idea because there are a lot of apartments fewer town homes and ever fewer detached but there are options.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
She could be anything between 45 and 140lb. Being a female she'll probably be a little smaller than any of the males would be.

Your best bet would be to assume that she'll be almost as big as her father and find a place with no breed or size restrictions. It's better to be safe than sorry. Plus, with that breeding she probably looks like (or will look like) a breed on the "aggressive breed" list and just looking like one of the breeds is usually enough for people to reject you.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
You could look up "dog size calculator", but as PWR said, size isn't going to be the issue here, breed is. Presas and rottis are both banned breeds and it could be very hard to find a rental that will allow them.

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
The Very... general ... rules of thumb are:
At 4 mos, Adult weight ~ 2 x current weight.
At 6 mos, Adult weight ~ 1.5x current weight.

Varies a lot by breed and extremes...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i know they get a bad rap, she looks exactly like a pure bred presa pretty much, so i usually lead with spanish mastiff... mastiff seems to be better than rotty mix or presa canario.

here is a picture

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i was off on her weight, i weighed her in today proper (digital scale) shes 30lbs at 11 weeks. Im starting to think she will be big

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you had people give negative attention to you about your dobermans ever? No one has ever said anything yet but i have had concerned looks from people as i walk her (im guessing the brindle colour)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Have you had people give negative attention to you about your dobermans ever? No one has ever said anything yet but i have had concerned looks from people as i walk her (im guessing the brindle colour)
From time to time I've gotten negative attention but its rare and usually by the uninformed. I've had people throw themselves against walls to stay away from my dog (even though he couldnt care less about them) and I've had people tell me that nobody in their right mind would own such a dog. I was prepared for this kind of stuff before I got him and my dog is very well trained and behaved so i can generally just blow that stuff off. I definitely suggest training classes to make sure your pup is a good member of society. She (and you) are likely to get some negative attention based on her looks alone but its hard to hate a well behaved dog.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
30lbs at 11 weeks? she is gonna be big lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts