Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This here is Nugget.

She's 8 months, 50 lbs, 15-17 inches at the shoulder. She's a tank! Athletic, cumbersome, goofy, obstinate, not affectionate unless you're giving her affection, high prey & play drive. For the most part, she naps all day.

Dog breed Dog Canidae Mammal Collar Mammal Dog Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

We think she's a bulldog/terrier mix of sorts, but who knows...

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Hmm, I'm going to say American Bulldog/Catahoula.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
No idea, but she's gorgeous! Very unique markings and pretty eyes. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm going to second Willowy and say bulldog/catahoula, but I may be biased because I see very similar facial expressions and body build in my catahoula. By the way I love love her sock monkey collar!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would hazard a guess at either a catahoula/herding breed or a bully x herding breed but can't quite put my finger on it. Beautiful girl though !

·
Registered
11 Posts
when i saw the front of his face (when he looks at you) he had my Zeus's face (he was a great dane) i looked at some mix breeds of both Great dane X bully and Great dane X catahoula and they look similar to yours, he might have 3 or maybe 4 breeds in him, not just 2. but i do see a dane face on him. very cute, the facial expression is the same with my zuesy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oooh, I never would have guessed a herding breed since she's shorter than a herder. she's about the height of a long-legged Beagle. and, to me, she has terrier ears. Never even thought of Catahoula either. she's got lots of spots on her stomach though!

to me, she looks like a single breed of dog because I can't really see a (recent) mix of any two+ dogs in her. she was found out in the middle of the country where people breed dogs for a specific kind of work. treeing/hunting/holding down the animal until the hunter comes to kill it are the most common. I couldn't imagine a hunter throwing out puppies though, so the mystery of why she was abandoned is still... a mystery. so, I'm thinking whoever bred her breeds dogs for a certain stature and skill, and he found a structure he likes, so he breeds for it.

her tri colors throw me for a loop too :p

thank you all for the input and kind words! :D
I got her sock monkey collar from Etsy.

baby pictures... for your daily dose of d'awwww.
Canidae Dog Dog breed Puppy Snout Canidae Dog Dog breed Carnivore Puppy Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

1 - 8 of 8 Posts